0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
26 24 0 1
Message 22 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wifi connection issues

thanks for the info. sadly i tried that command and it did not help. i still only get a connection if i am 3 feet from router. any other thoughts?

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
26 24 0 1
Message 23 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wifi connection issues

sad to say i tried a couple more solutions and neither worked. can you suggest a wifi card number to buy and install?

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
26 24 1 5
Message 24 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wifi connection issues

Here I would like to give step by step instructions:

1. Perform BIOS default

Restart the computer and keep tapping on F10 key. Click on default setting and press Yes. Save changes and exit.

Once it boots into the operating system, check whether wifi is working fine or not.

If not, follow the next method.

2. Update BIOS and wifi driver from the HP support website according to your HP Pavillion model. 

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
26 24 0 1
Message 25 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wifi connection issues

thank you i will try this later today. i hope this addresses the range issue  I have with this laptop.

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
26 24 0 1
Message 26 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wifi connection issues

i tried both fixes. second one did not work. the first solution when i press f10 i cannot move to or find the default settings option.  HP 15 notebook P C model #K7W81UA#ABA thanks for the help how do i get to the default setting?

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation