08-19-2017 11:51 AM
Wifi connected but limited
other wifi netrworks are connected and working fine
but only one wifi shows limited but no internet
how do i solve this ?
08-20-2017 02:36 PM
Hello, @Imtiaz2 – Hope you are well
Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums! I’d be glad to be of your assistance!
Going through your post, I understand that you are facing issues with the wireless network on your PC. Let's start by running the automatic troubleshooter as suggested below:
- In the search box on the taskbar, type Network troubleshooter, and then select Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
- Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.
Now, try updating the network drivers as explained below:
- In the search box on the taskbar, type Device Manager, and then select Device Manager from the list of results.
- In Device Manager, select Network adapters > the network adapter name.
- Press and hold (or right-click) the network adapter, and then select Update Driver Software > Search automatically for updated driver software. Follow the steps, then select Close.
- After installing the updated driver, select the Start button> Power > Restart if you're asked to restart, and see if that fixes the connection issue.
- If these steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver: Open Device Manager, right-click (or tap and hold) the name of the device, and select Uninstall. Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.
If the issue persists, then let's also run a hardware test to check whether there is any hardware failure with the wireless module. Follow the steps below:
- Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
- Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc to get the Startup menu. Now press F2 key.
- The HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu is displayed.
- Select the "Component test" and then select "wireless module" from the list.
- Let me know if the test passes or not.
Thanks, I’ll watch for your reply!
Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!
I am an HP Employee
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- HP PCs - Using Bluetooth Devices (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Slow Internet Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8)