Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Notebook 14S-CR1005TU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, 

I am having this laptop from quite some time and all is working OK.  I am facing issue in my wireless connection from last 2-3 days. Connection drops frequently and Wireless symbol is also missing from the PC, I need to restart laptop multiple times for get it back work and after mins / hrs it goes back. 

I tried PC reset, it works for 3hrs & there after it again drops. I checked device manager, found my wireless drives in missing from there. Installed (Realtek RTL8xxx Wireless LAN Drivers) again its works for some time and facing same issue / laptop behavior again.  

No issues on my wifi router as other devices are working fine. 

Pl guide me which Wireless driver will work and help in resolving the issue.

Amritanshu

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer if you have not done so already would be to update the Realtek wifi driver to the latest version and restart the PC.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp112501-113000/sp112619.exe

HP Recommended

Hi, 

Thanks for advice, but i updated and re-installed Realtek driver (sp111389) multiple times. 

Problem still remain same it works for 2-3 hrs and then loss wifi connection. 

I am not able to understand the issue. 

HP Recommended

Hello Amrit.

I had this same problem for a long time and tried every solution posted on the internet.

I could only get my wi-fi back by uninstalling the adapter (in device manager) and doing a hard reboot.

However, 3 weeks ago I found a further suggestion of disabling IPv6, and I no longer have the problem.

Go to Settings -> Network & internet->change adapter options->R click on your wi-fi->select properties->deselect Internet Protocol version 6.

Hope this helps, as I was extremely frustrated by the issue.

Anne

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.