Highlighted
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wifi connectivity issue

HP 15-r014TX Notebook pc
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hi, I have HP 15-r014TX Notebook pc with Windows 10 ( 64 bit). My internet was working fine until I upgraded to Windows 10. Now my laptop isn't connecting to router and it shows massage "cannot connect to this network" everytime. I have mediatek driver version 5.0.57.0 (Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn wifi adapter). Internet is working fine in my mobile and other laptops so there isn't any problem in router. Please help me.
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
2,785 2,654 144 332
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wifi connectivity issue

Hi @Dhruvjariwala,

Welcome to HP Forums!

I have read your post and wanted to help. I understand that the laptop does not connect to WiFi after upgrading to Windows 10. You have the WiFi driver mediatek driver version 5.0.57.0 whcih is updated one.

Please test the wireless module in the component test:

HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 10, 😎

Let me know if it passed.

Looking forward to your reply!

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 3 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wifi connectivity issue

Thank you for replying instantly. I run the wireless module test and it showed message "passed" but I am still not able to connect my laptop to any wifi network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
2,785 2,654 144 332
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wifi connectivity issue

Hi @Dhruvjariwala,

If there is no problem with the hardware, it may be the software/driver issue.

Please follow the steps on this document for troubleshooting:

HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation