Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi,

I have an issue with all wireless connections, when the machine sleeps it disconnects from the wireless AP and re-establishes connection 30seconds - 1 minute after coming out of sleep.

my requirement is to be able to put the machine in a type of sleep mode (S1 preferably) or disable modern sleep modes that effect the network card from maintaining a wireless connection while not being in use.

I have tried:

-Editing local computer policy using gpedit.msc (I had to enable function manually) specifically setting under Computer administration> power settings>sleep.

-Editing powercfg reg keys to remove low power S2 - S3 settings from the available list of power settings for the network card.

-Creating a max performance Power Plan for windows 11 but it's doesn't allow me to explicitly set power settings for network card(s) like in windows 10.

-Change driver options and use different drivers for the network card, using a troubleshooting method to try and achieve my requirement.

Can you tell me in windows 11 what are ALL the steps to try to achieve my requirement so that I may try them in a troubleshooting process. I have no changed any of the setting on the AP and for this question I would like that to remain as I have no administrative rights on the AP.

Kind regards,

Laura Southern

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@LauraSoutherm94 

You have to keep it ON from Device Manager

1. Go to Device Manager,

2. Locate Network Adapters,

3. Right click Wifi Adapter and select Properties,

4. Go to Power Management tab,

5. Untick Allow ....

6. Click Ok/Apply to get out

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.