Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy X360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

Everytime I lock my laptop I loose my wifi connection and the wifi icon on the task bar is also not available. I also cannot find the wifi icon on the Network and Internet setting to enable wifi manaually?

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the wifi driver through device manager and that did not work.

I have Windows 10, with all updates installed and updated.

Help and advice please?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@CK83 

When locking your machine, it may go to sleep mode therefore the wifi adapter is disabled. You can keep wifi adapter alive when machine sleeps using Power Management for wifi adapter. Please try: do not put wifi adapter on your computer off during sleep

(a) Open Device Manager,

(b) Locate Network adapters, Wifi adapter

(c) Right click and select Properties

(d) Go to Power Management and remove tick as shown (example on my machine, your machine may have different adapter):

wifi sleep.png

(e) Click Apply/Ok

Note: I keep tick on my machine.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Screenshot 2021-02-18 001105.pngI I dont seem to have that?

HP Recommended

@CK83 

All my notebooks (7 of them from HP to Dell, Asus and Surface) have this option. Very interesting, I don't know why your machine does not have it. Please try

https://danantonielli.com/missing-device-power-management-options-fix/

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

The Instructions says to locate CsEnabled?

But that doesn't  appear to be there either?

Screenshot 2021-02-19 101703.pngScreenshot 2021-02-19 101723.png

HP Recommended

Not sure why those pictures don't show up?  How do I post the pics? Seems to be hit and miss?

HP Recommended

Just realised I had to create the CsEnabled.  Did that but nothing appears to have changed?

Screenshot 2021-02-19 104028.jpgScreenshot 2021-02-19 104136.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.