09-19-2016 10:27 AM
Wifi doesn't connect when i move away from wifi router. I have a wifi router installed in my drawing room where i get good browsing speed on phones and laptops. But the problem starts when i take my laptop from drawing room to my bedroom which is not more than 5 mtrs from router. Wifi signal drops to zero on laptop whereas it remains decent on phones. Earlier my laptop used to connect in bedroom as well..This is happening lately. Is there any solution?
09-20-2016 12:30 PM
Hello @Achint-1382_497, Greetings!
Thank you for joining HP Support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips.
I read your post on the wireless issue with your Pavilion notebook. It looks like an issue with the wireless driver on your notebook. I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the wireless drivers to try and fix the issue.
- Go to http://hp.care/2cFgwm9 and get into your Notebook’s Software and Driver page.
- Expand “Driver-Network” and then download and save (Do not Run / Install) the correct “Wireless LAN Drivers” (It could be either Intel or Realtek).
- Press the “Windows key” + “R” to get the “Run” window. Type “devmgmt.msc” and press ok to get the “Device manager”.
- Expand the “Network Adapters” and then right-click on your wireless driver and select “Uninstall”.
- In the confirm device Uninstall pop-up please select the box which says “Delete driver software” and then confirm the uninstall by pressing ok.
- Restart your computer. Go to “Downloads” folder, install the newly downloaded wireless drivers.
Let me know how it goes. All the best!
Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!
I am not an HP Employee