Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
jpmccr Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wifi doesn't have a valid IP configuration??

Envy 15 Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Have no idea why but all of a sudden I got this error message when I did a trouble shoot: "Wi-fi" doesn't have a valid configuration." Nothing has changed equipment wise and was running perfect earlier. I am not a Techie so be gentle. Any advice would be appreciated...
4 REPLIES
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4162 560 1239
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello  jpmccr,

The below guide has step by step information for your issue and has fixed many wireless related issues:

http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04649175

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again !!

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee 

0 Kudos
Betty291 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Laptop is usually plugged into power, I had taken it into lounge working off battery, all was ok and was returned to study

and plugged into power. Next time I tried to connect to internet page could'nt be displayed. I ran "fix connection problems"

and it then gave the message "WiFi does'nt have a valid IP configuration" not fixed.

0 Kudos
samiullah1 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i am also facing the same issue   i am using a company computer Folio9480m and they changed my laptop after changing the latpop they give me brand new folio9480 everything was working for but sudenly new one also stops working and give me the same error its very common issue this will realy effect the Hp products please find the sloution as soon as possible

0 Kudos
jpmccr Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried this and it worked for me:
- Hold the SHIFT key down
- Do a normal shutdown and don't release the key until it is completely off
- Do a normal reboot
- Taa daa

Hope it works for you
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation