Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 15-k233ca Notebook

I've always thought so highly of HP and as such, decided to purchase an HP laptop - an HP Envy 15-K233ca Notebook.

I have had some issues from the start and one in particular, is making for a rather unpleasant experience.

The wifi connection keeps dropping.  It drops when the system is put in sleep mode, when I surf the net and even after a reboot.  

I walked through the issue (and a few others) with HP's  help desk this evening and after 2 hours was met with the same problem.  I am now having to reboot the computer and troubleshoot to try and maintain a wifi connection.  This is my first experience with an HP Laptop and I'm disappointed.  It's unfortunate, but I may have to return it.  I'll be walking over to Apple for a replacement.   If someone from HP can resolve this for once and for all, it would be helpful. Otherwise, I will have no choice but to return the unit.

Note:  I've noticed that others experience the same issue.  I requested that HP's Help Desk install drivers to resolve the issue.  If this didn't work after our session this evening, then I'm afraid it may be a hardware issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for taking time to respond.  It appears that the box was already unchecked.  Good idea though as others may have this checked and can hopefully look into this solution.  I asked tech support in India to download drivers that could rectify the issue.  It appears to have worked.

Thank you again.

Madison.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @MadisonAve ,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP ENVY 15-k233ca Notebook and issues with the WiFi dropping constantly. Try this fix.

Go to device manager,the Network adapters WiFi driver properties power management
Allow this computer to turn off wifi to save power, uncheck it and restart the Notebook.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for taking time to respond.  It appears that the box was already unchecked.  Good idea though as others may have this checked and can hopefully look into this solution.  I asked tech support in India to download drivers that could rectify the issue.  It appears to have worked.

Thank you again.

Madison.

HP Recommended

I was having the same problems as most of the previous posts. HP was  not much help. I read where the drivers were the problem and tried that several times, loading new drivers through HP web sight, which the online HP person did as well, problems still existed. I found the name of my wireless module,  Intel dual band wireless-AC 7265, Googled this and found Intel had a newer driver than what HP had. Down-loaded this driver and BOOM! problem solved, laptop works great, my WiFi has been rock steady. Hopes this helps. When you get to Intel page you do have to go through and find your particular hardware, but if a old man like me can do it I am sure you others can breeze through this. Good Luck.

HP Recommended
Thank you for your responses. Eseentially, I downloaded new drivers. My Wi-Fi no longer drops. The issue has been resolved
HP Recommended
Orporter.... You are the man! Fixed my sons pc when the WiFi adapter wouldn't show up even after going to hp support and downloading the latest drivers. After obstacles the solvers from Intel world perfectly. I think HP should really have this sorted. Thanks so much for your help
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.