Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion G6-sa Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HI,

I have seen hundreds of people with this issue and over 30 different "fixes". None of which work on my laptop.

My Windows 10 updated a couple of weeks back and now WIFI doesn't seem to exist anywhere on the device. I have tried all troubleshooting, all kinds of restars and recovery options. I have even gone into BIOS setup page and ensured any network options are selected.

Please can someone help. Preferably someone from HP as I have seen a few people get help on private messenger from them as they don't like to give out the solution publicly for some reason.

thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello! Try this method

windows key + r

type msconfig

services tab

then you will see enable all button. press that and then press apply, ok and exit out then restart your computer i hope this helps 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for getting back to me. Already tried this and they are all already enabled so it doesnt work 😭

The wifi option on this list is enabled but is listed as stopped with a lot of other things.

Any further advice?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.