Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion X360 - 14-Cd0050TX

Wireless disconnects when the laptop lid is closed

Unfortunately, when I close the laptop lid, the wireless internet connection disconnects.

I tried the following:

I made sure to go to the Realtek Wireless Network Adaptor in Device Manager and unchecked the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".
I also went to the Power Options and set it so it does Nothing when the lid is closed.
In Advanced Power Settings, I changed the Wireless Adaptor Settings' Power Saving Mode to Maximum Performance.
I updated the drivers also, still, the issue persists

also, it takes too much time to wake up from sleep. 1 min and doesn't wake up automatically using fingerprint have to click keyboard and after clicking screen comes up after 20-30secs

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@adityaagrawal04 

Well, you were going the right path but problem did not go away. Please use re-install Windows 10 using the following source

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

to create ISO file then mount ISO file as DVD drive and run Setup from there.

mount.png

Remember to tick the box to keep user files/programs (this is default but remember to check).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.