Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Notebook - 15-ay089tu
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

hp Notebook - 15-ay089tu bluetooth driver wireless is not working 

it's a brand new laptop 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, @GS57 :

You indicated that you are running W8 on that model.

W8 is not a supported operating system.

There are no W8 drivers for the Realtek RTL8723BE-VB 802.11b/g/n 1x1 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.0 combination WLAN card your notebook has from anywhere.

So, your only option if you want to use the internal wireless card is this:

Connect by either a USB wireless network adapter (which has W8 driver support), or by ethernet cable.

Do the required updates to W8, so you can get the free upgrade to W8.1 from the Windows Store.

Then you can use these W8.1 wireless and bluetooth drivers...

This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE wireless LAN Controller in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp79001-79500/sp79095.exe

This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek bluetooth in the supported notebook/laptop models and operating systems.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp78501-79000/sp78623.exe

If you need the W8 ethernet driver, download, unzip and run the setup application from the 3rd file at the link below...

http://www.realtek.com.tw/Downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=7&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTy...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Look in the systray near the calendar and clock.

Right click the bluetooth icon. 

You will have to make your bluetooth  available to scan for the device you want to pair it with.

You will have to do the same on the device so you can pair them.

The following HP document should help you with the details of making the bluetooth connection.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-15-ay000-notebook-pc-series/10862300/model/11991621/document...

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hi, @GS57 :

You indicated that you are running W8 on that model.

W8 is not a supported operating system.

There are no W8 drivers for the Realtek RTL8723BE-VB 802.11b/g/n 1x1 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.0 combination WLAN card your notebook has from anywhere.

So, your only option if you want to use the internal wireless card is this:

Connect by either a USB wireless network adapter (which has W8 driver support), or by ethernet cable.

Do the required updates to W8, so you can get the free upgrade to W8.1 from the Windows Store.

Then you can use these W8.1 wireless and bluetooth drivers...

This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE wireless LAN Controller in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp79001-79500/sp79095.exe

This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek bluetooth in the supported notebook/laptop models and operating systems.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp78501-79000/sp78623.exe

If you need the W8 ethernet driver, download, unzip and run the setup application from the 3rd file at the link below...

http://www.realtek.com.tw/Downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=7&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTy...

HP Recommended

i sir i am very thankful to your quick support.

it has resolved the problem and now my sytem is working fine.

i have upgraded the w8 first.

then downloaded and installed the drivers as you suggested in two links.

restarted the system, enabled and connected wireless... it was working fine

i am happy

thank you so much

GS57

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.