ToxicBurger
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wifi isn't working

HP Notebook - 15g-br106tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So basically, The Device manager is missing the driver "Realtek RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE 802.11b/g/n Wireless LAN" because of which the wifi options from my laptop are completely vanished. I went to HP Customer Support - Software and driver downloads and downloaded and installed the driver but it still isn't showing in the device manager. i checked the SWsetup folder in C-drive for the folder "sp82801" . it is installed correctly. i tried to reinstall it but that didn't work either. the troubleshoot isn't detecting any faults as well.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
109,607 99,784 15,572 23,928
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wifi isn't working

Hi:

According to the parts list for your notebook, it comes with an Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168 802.11 ac 1x1 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.2 combination WLAN module.

http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=3FQ42PA

If it is not listed at all in the device manager, most likely the adapter has failed and needs to be replaced.

See if this works first...

Go to the device manager, click on the View tab at the top of the device manager window.

Select the Show hidden devices option.

Now look under the network adapters device manager category and see if the Intel 3168 AC wifi adapter is shown there in light shade.

If it is, right click on the device, select Uninstall, check the uninstall driver box, restart the PC and see if Windows installs it normally.

You can install the latest driver for that model wifi adapter directly from Intel at the link below...

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29003/Windows-10-Wi-Fi-Drivers-for-Intel-Wireless-Adapters...

ToxicBurger
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wifi isn't working

i couldn't find the driver you mentioned so I tried installing the driver from the link you gave.. but the setup started for a second and then closed. i thought the previous versions might work but the results were the same.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation