Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wifi network adapter driving me insane!! Some clarity here please.

Pavilion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My wifi adapter either faults out, where a yellow triangle appears on the wifi icon, fails to be recognized by the network adapters, in which case a computer screen appears where the signals bar usually is, doesn't pick up any signal, red x to indicate..... etc

You get the idea.

When I change the wifi adapter through device manager, it may or may not temporarily be restored.

I can also change the adapter properties, which seems to have the effect of kind of kick starting the adapter, and I may or may not get signal bars again.

And if all that fails, I restart the machine, and go through the above processes again - in the hope that I get lucky and some signal bars appear.

Intensely frustrating.

I am lucky now as I have some signal, but it may go on the blink again at any given moment.

Please contact me to assist in rectifying this situation ASAP, as I use my laptop for study, and I can get NOTHING done with this situation.

I know previously a customer service advisor had "gone into" my computer, took control of it from your location, and fixed a problem previously.

Something like that would be swell.

I DO NOT WANT to have to erase windows and reinstall, as I lose my apps and settings.

I have read on support forums, other users have tried this, due to this problem also (seems to be common), without success.

As well as uninstalling the wifi adapter, restarting etc.

Please send your crew of most competent technicians to solve this dilemma!!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
42,003 41,792 6,631 11,578
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wifi network adapter driving me insane!! Some clarity here please.

What model laptop do you have? What Windows version? This is not HP Support. We are fellow end users who can support self-help but have no means to send a technician or even remotely take control of your computer. 

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation