Post new question
Question

Highlighted
Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (67 Views)

Wifi not detected - 15-s008tu

Product Name: 15-s008tu
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi

Day before yesterday my laptop suddenly stopped detecting wireless networks. I tried uninstall/install network adaptor, change pc name, and various other options suggested over the internet but of no help. Please help me resolve this issue as I am not able to use wifi due to this problem.

All drivers are updated and there are no unknown device under Device Manager.

Thanks

Ankit

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 4 (38 Views)

Re: Wifi not detected - 15-s008tu

@Ankit-Bidani

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

I'll be glad to help you Smiley Happy 

As I understand you are unable to connect to the wifi network anymore,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you check if the wired internet works?

Is the wifi detecting the network but not connecting to it, or does it not detect the network either?

Did you check for any other HP Forum posts to help resolve your concern?

If you haven't, Here's a related HP Forums post that seems to have helped others: Click here for the steps.

Keep me posted,

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well, 

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (31 Views)

Hi Thanks for the help!

No I did not try the wired connection. Wifi does not detect the signal at all, my laptop was ON and connected to wifi  and was in idle state when network suddenly got lost. Yes I did all the search and tried every possible solution listed on forums.

Ankit

HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 4 (25 Views)

@Ankit-Bidani

You've done a remarkable job performing the steps suggested earlier, great work Smiley Happy 

And don't worry, as we should be able to fix this up with a few more steps and I'll be with you until we ensure this issue is fixed. 

Please go ahead and try the wired connection to check if the network is still working, if it works, we can move on with troubleshooting the wireless connection,

That said, did you go through the link I had shared earlier? if you haven't: Click here for the steps.

Keep me posted for further assistance Smiley Wink

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation