1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wifi not working, can't find network adapter

HP Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Events I 'believe' occured before problem:

Went to bed, my unplugged PC went dead. Woke up, plugged it in, turned it on; no wifi networks available. Only source of internet is tethering, currently.

Things I tried:

Using DriverTalent (All drivers are perfect), using Troubleshoot problems, restoring PC to an earlier date.

Under Network Adapters all I see is: Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller and Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If you need any more information, just ask. Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
8121 8112 483 918
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wifi not working, can't find network adapter

Thanks for the post @ wjordan,

Welcome to HP Forums,

I see your computer is not listing any wireless networks on the computer. I will be glad to help. 

Have you checked the network adapter status in Network and Sharing Center?

Kudos to you for checking the device manager and describing the issue in good detail.

Request you to open Network and Sharing Center by doing a right-click on the Network icon. 

On the left side of the Network and Sharing Center page, you have the option to click on the change adapter settings. 

Please click on it to get the list of the network adapter. 

Right-click on the wireless adapter and enable the device (if disabled)

This should resolve the issue. 

If the network adapter is enabled and airplane mode is off. 

Open device manager, uninstall the wireless adapter and restart the computer. 

This should resolve the issue. 

Keep me posted. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,
Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,
That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!
Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation