Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Any luck with that BIOS update?

HP Recommended

unfortunately, did not fix.

HP Recommended

Hello geedaigo,

Your wireless is not working.

You might try to refresh windows since the card was working before the install of windows 8.

Maybe even reinstall windows 8.

Here is a link that will show you how to refresh windows.

Have a good day.

HP Recommended

refreshing didn't work. now what? I have tried pretty much eveyrthing.

HP Recommended

I am feeling that reinstalling windows 8 doesn't work either according to eveyone posting about this issue.

HP Recommended

Hello geedaigo. I understand you are having an issue with Windows 8. It appears you have done the majority of the troubleshooting. Currently, I would suggest a reinstall of Windows. I have provided a document on how you can accomplish this on Windows 8: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03489643

Please inform me when this is complete. I will continue to research the issue in the meantime.

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

nah, after looking at many different threads, it looks like this won't be fixed even with clean installation.

HP Recommended

I have the same model as you as well as the wifi issue. Trying all the drivers proved futile...even when I upgraded to Win 8.1. What worked, however, was the HP Connection Manager that seemed to be available only with Win7 64 bit.

I uninstalled the Wireless button driver which swapped my wifi hard switch for a flight mode button. Then I downloaded and installed the Win 7 version of HP Connection Manager; which did not launch fully after install, but after I restarted my PC it reactivated my wireless hard button and switched on the bluetooth radio.

Hope it works for you as well.

HP Recommended

man! I was really stoked to hear your method that fixed your problem. 

I got to it right away, and the installation was successful after uninstalling the button driver.

then I restarted hoping that this is finally over!

Unfortunately it didn't work for me.

HP Recommended

I've got this exact same problem. I've got a meeting/presentation and it looks like it's blown now. Really, really unhappy with this laptop. I've tired everything bar re-installing Windows 8.1 and nothing has worked. Looks like i've got no choice but to re-install..

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.