Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi there,

The Wifi on this laptop keeps either dropping connection, or changing to a "limited" network. Sometimes it works fine, but more often than not it drops out. All other wifi enabled devices in my house work fine, so I know it's not the internet. I've also tested on two other networks where the same dropping out occurs.

I have no idea where to begin with this really so would be grateful for any help! 

Windows 8 64 Bit

Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230 (up to date)

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@xshellx159 wrote:

Hi there,

The Wifi on this laptop keeps either dropping connection, or changing to a "limited" network. Sometimes it works fine, but more often than not it drops out. All other wifi enabled devices in my house work fine, so I know it's not the internet. I've also tested on two other networks where the same dropping out occurs.

I have no idea where to begin with this really so would be grateful for any help! 

Windows 8 64 Bit

Thanks

Hi,

Welcome to the club!! There are plenty of users with the same problem. I suggest to download the latest drivers:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?ProductID=3507&DwnldID=23258&lang=eng&iid=dc_rss

If this won't help upgrade the card to Intel 7260:

http://ark.intel.com/products/75439/intel-dual-band-wireless-ac-7260

Users confirmed that this chip works on Envy TS 15 models.

Asus ROG STRIX G16 Manjaro Xfce
HP Touchpad provided by HP
HP Microserver Gen8 10TB Debian Server

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@xshellx159 wrote:

Hi there,

Windows 8 64 Bit

Thanks

Hi,

Welcome to the club!! There are plenty of users with the same problem. I suggest to download the latest drivers:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?ProductID=3507&DwnldID=23258&lang=eng&iid=dc_rss

If this won't help upgrade the card to Intel 7260:

http://ark.intel.com/products/75439/intel-dual-band-wireless-ac-7260

Users confirmed that this chip works on Envy TS 15 models.

Asus ROG STRIX G16 Manjaro Xfce
HP Touchpad provided by HP
HP Microserver Gen8 10TB Debian Server

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
HP Recommended

I am having the same problem (out of the box) with my new Envy- (Broadcom) wifi keeps dropping. I called HP Support last night, reset BIOS, reinstalled wifi drivers (they were the latest version. The issue appeared to resolve itself until we got off the phone. then reappeared.  Thankfully they offered a followup call for today before we ended the call.

When they called back, I explained the entire process. The technician, Arthur, said we'd need to do a system reset to factory defaults. I argued this point, as the symptoms have been present since unpacking the system. The supervisor, Arvon also said this would be needed, even though I explained that I've been doing technical support for many years, have researched the problem and would really prefer they just send a new NIC. Both reps refused repeadedly, saying we couldn't move forward without a reset. 😞

So, here we are - doing a 2-3 hour reset of the brand new OS. I can't put into words how incredibly frustrated I am with HP support right now. I will report back the results later today.

Envy 15-j003cl

Windows 8 64

NIC - Broadcom

Update: No, the reset did not fix the problem. HP Support is sending a replacement card.

Again, I wish they hadn't (wasted hours of my time) with a troubleshooting requirement that didn't make sense (reset to factory default for a problem that existed since I opened the box). 

FURIOUS.

HP Recommended

have same problem. The tech had me go through 3 hr of complete system rest... wiped all my programs . data ... still not working.. they have problem. 

NOT HAPPY AT ALL

HP Recommended
Good grief! How in the heck can you do that if u can't get on the internet? If I could foolow these directions, I wouldn't need ant hlp in the first place...
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have just purchased a hp envy 15 ah100na via the hp renew programe, 

right off the bat i noticed that i was having wifi issues and i need this laptop for school,

so i went online and found this fourm and many users are having the same issue 

i dont want to reset my pc as that would be pointless and i'd lose all my data and i dont want to 

call hp support as it would cost me money. one other user has been given a replacement wifi card and 

i would like to request one too as my wifi keeps dropping off or goes to a limited conectivity issue , i am using 

windows 10 and i have all drivers up to date but the probem still presists.

if you have any suggestions please send me a text on 07478198797.

thanks 

zain 

HP Recommended

Appearently, HP never updated the drive for window 10. seem we all need to downgrade to window 8.

it is kind of dissapointed. Dell may be better

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.