Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion15z-cw100CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I move my laptop to different location disconnects Wifi and I have to reboot to get signal again. What the problem could be?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi@Torales,

Thanks for engaging in the HP support community! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips! I understand that you need assistance with the wireless connection dropping randomly on your notebook. I’ll be glad to assist you with this.

We need to isolate it to being hardware or software related first.

For better clarity, I would require more information regarding this.

• When did this first begin?
  • Did it happen after a software or windows update?
  • Have you tried to run any test on the wireless card from F2?

Please try these steps first.   

1. Open CMD with Administrator

2. Type:  sc config storsvc type= own 

( this resets this service to its default state )

3. Restart the PC.

4. Check if this fixes it.

I recommend you try to follow the below steps:

Go to Device manager > select the WIFI drivers under network adapter> Right click go to properties  > Under properties go to Power Management Tab> Uncheck  "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". 

If it does not, please visit this link for further support: HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)

If not check this link out: Common fixes for wireless connectivity issues.

The next thing, I would suggest here is to uninstall the wireless drivers from the device manager: 

Right-Click on the start button> click device manager> Network adapters>then select the wireless drivers and right-click on it and uninstall the Wifi drivers.

Then restart the computer and check if you are able to go online.

Finally, please update the bios, chipset, and wifi drivers from this link: http://hp.com/drivers Please select the country and follow the on-screen instructions.

Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer to this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi@Torales,

Thanks for engaging in the HP support community! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips! I understand that you need assistance with the wireless connection dropping randomly on your notebook. I’ll be glad to assist you with this.

We need to isolate it to being hardware or software related first.

For better clarity, I would require more information regarding this.

• When did this first begin?
  • Did it happen after a software or windows update?
  • Have you tried to run any test on the wireless card from F2?

Please try these steps first.   

1. Open CMD with Administrator

2. Type:  sc config storsvc type= own 

( this resets this service to its default state )

3. Restart the PC.

4. Check if this fixes it.

I recommend you try to follow the below steps:

Go to Device manager > select the WIFI drivers under network adapter> Right click go to properties  > Under properties go to Power Management Tab> Uncheck  "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". 

If it does not, please visit this link for further support: HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)

If not check this link out: Common fixes for wireless connectivity issues.

The next thing, I would suggest here is to uninstall the wireless drivers from the device manager: 

Right-Click on the start button> click device manager> Network adapters>then select the wireless drivers and right-click on it and uninstall the Wifi drivers.

Then restart the computer and check if you are able to go online.

Finally, please update the bios, chipset, and wifi drivers from this link: http://hp.com/drivers Please select the country and follow the on-screen instructions.

Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer to this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

THanks!Uncheck   Unchecking the option "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" resolved the problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.