10-01-2016 08:36 AM
I have problem in WLAN...its was unable to turn on even i press f12(blink white color) and install all the neccessary drivers. I'm looking forward your help.
10-03-2016 04:24 PM
Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! This is a great location to get resolutions and interact with experts from the community. I understand that you have issues with your wifi card, even after pressing the F12 key it does not turn on and doesn’t connect to the internet. It will be a genuine pleasure to assist you.
Kudos to you for doing a commendable job with screenshots to connect to the internet. That was very impressive. It is always a genuine pleasure to work with technically competent customers like you. Hats off!
- It may be a hardware issue with the wifi card of your computer. We need to isolate the issue to being hardware or software related first. Please perform a few basic troubleshooting steps first.
- Please check in device manager if the wifi card is listed and the drivers are installed correctly.
- Click search> type device manager>go to network adapters and check if the wifi card is installed correctly without errors. If it is not installed correctly then it is possible that the drivers are not correctly installed.
- Update the driver by right-clicking on it and clicking on update. You could also uninstall the wifi drivers and scan for hardware changes to reinstall it back.
- Update the bios by visiting this link http://hp.com/drivers or through support assistant using an Ethernet cable.
- Now try to connect to the internet wirelessly. For further assistance ,please visit this link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02543015
I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the computer works great. Hope this helps. Please let me know how this works. To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to appreciate my efforts. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution”.
Take care now and have a terrific week ahead.
I am an HP Employee
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- HP PCs - Using Bluetooth Devices (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Slow Internet Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8)