Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I'm still up with the patient!!! Shes doing great!!!!

I wish I knew what it was...I have a feeling something was stopping it like a security command or something...I even though virus but this is a clean install/// I only have wind defender. Avast or something started stopping me from connecting online a week or so ago. It thought everything as unsafe. MSN & Bing would not even go thru...just a few things like facebook...Don;t know what it was but still happened when I disabled Avast. Now avast is gone. I'm even wondering about malware bytes,,that was on it...

Still I did not changed anything since I first tried the 9260 in the clean install of win & this card was freezinglocking things blue screening...it was bad!! Well you know...

Its doing fine...shhhhh....don;t want to jinx it...I think it was possessed!!! LOL

It would be nice to know what it was in case it comes back...

HP Recommended

Super!

I would consider this a victory of man over computer and leave it at that.

HP Recommended

Well went ok for 4 hours...

It starting resetting again...100rds of times resetting 69 times etc or more error after error saying its not functioning properly which is what the 7260 would do...same problem different card...

It has not lost the wifi connection though????

Device mgr says its working properly but its said that when it wasn;t too

I still don;t think its the wifi card...OOOOH...

Well, that's it for today,,,got to go to sleep before the sun comes up...LOL

The 9260 is doing the wifi but something is not right but if I had not checked the event log I would have not known...

ooohhhh

HP Recommended

Over 150 per second 5002 Errors wifi is not functioning properly 

Preceded by

NDIS 10400 wifi resetting 119 times

5005 HW error

5055 9260 encountered an internal error & has failed

with 80 more Ntwt64 5002 errors before that all in the same second

11:41:18...logged close to 300 errors in that one second...

Repeats this for other timeframes of a single second...

??????

When I turned on the laptop it found the wifi right away but did not connect initially as it was in that hp can't be found notice...check etc..router & mentioned DNS permission etc...it showed this site with a i for unsecure...

I never set any dns permissions but this seems like a permission or security block??

Its working though & I had similar errors with the 7260 but not 100's per second...

This is so strange!!!!

HP Recommended

IThink is said possible reason not connecting was DNS but it might have been some other permission.

I've changed my router code & its over 20 numbers so I would assume that is not it I hope...

Articles about changing the DNS server...now thats scary as I would hope ATT was ok...Why would I want to run on google or some other one giving them access?????

I'm thinking its something beyond the wifi card...still I have a wifi connection with 100's of errors...per second...

Last hours no errors & uninterrupted wifi????? Strange!!!!

HP Recommended

Yes, strange indeed.

I have no idea how to troubleshoot networking issues.

Thankfully mine have always worked flawlessly, and the only couple of rare times they didn't, a driver update fixed the issue.

For example,  I had an old HP dv6810us notebook with an Atheros AR5007 wifi adapter.

If you had WPA security set on your router, it would connect to the network, but not the internet.

If I turned the wifi security off, it connected just fine.

I took me days to figure out that all it needed was a driver update that added support for WPA, but that driver did not exist on the notebook's support page.

Easy stuff to fix like that.

HP Recommended

Easy maybe but not intuitive or common knowledge,,,Router is a mystery to me ..Mine is I think WPA 2...with 28 # code.

Well its working...just wi=oke it from sleep took a fw seconds & its on...so who cares about the errors.. The 7260 had them too but the 9260 won the prize this morning...

Bottom line I am on wifi...I'll keep the 9260...

$18 was not a bad price anyway...

HP Recommended

Still need to try to resolve the cause ofthe errors.

Wifi is up but quick check just showed 700 5002 errors in "one" second

Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-NDIS
Date: 8/2/2019 12:15:57 AM
Event ID: 10400
Task Category: None
Level: Warning
Keywords:
User: N/A
Computer: DESKTOP-6..
The network interface "Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9260" has begun resetting. There will be a momentary disruption in network connectivity while the hardware resets. Reason: The network driver requested that it be reset. This network interface has reset 365 time(s) since it was last initialized.

Source: Microsoft-Windows-NDIS
Date: 8/2/2019 12:15:56 AM
Event ID: 10400
Level: Warning
Keywords:
Computer: DESKTOP-6,,,
Description:
The network interface "Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9260" has begun resetting. There will be a momentary disruption in network connectivity while the hardware resets. Reason: The network driver requested that it be reset. This network interface has reset 364 time(s) since it was last initialized.

Associated Errors
HW stopped 5055

Source: Netwtw06
Event ID: 5005
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
Computer: DESKTOP-6,,,
Description:
Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9260 : Has encountered an internal error and has failed.

Source: Netwtw06
Event ID: 5000
Computer: DESKTOP-6...
Description:
Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9260 : Has encountered a conflict in resources and could not load.

700 errors in a second??? Whats up with that????

The 7260 never errd that much but it would do over a hundred...
HP Recommended

Well, I have had wifi for 3 full days. Have not checked errors all weekend. I guess if its performing OK so what?

Seller wanted to know if I am returning the wifi 9260.

At this point since its working why would I? Is there s reason? Should I check the bluetooth? How would I  even do that as I donlt have any blue tooth.

Right now  devi mgr says

Blue tooth is working properly

9269 working properly tho its driver 9/25/18 so its downgraded from most recent

Microsoft wi fi direct virtual adapter #3 is yellow  triangles assoc with this error

(the other configs  are hidden) Not sure what this does

Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP
Date: 8/2/2019 3:09:36 PM
Event ID: 411
Keywords:
User: SYSTEM
Computer: DESKTOP-6ATO838
Description:
Device {5d624f94-8850-40c3-a3fa-a4fd2080baf3}\vwifimp_wfd\7&37275aa3&2&20 had a problem starting.

Driver Name: netvwifimp.inf
Class Guid: {4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
Service: vwifimp
Lower Filters:
Upper Filters:
Problem: 0xA
Problem Status: 0xC0000001
Event Xml:

<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP" Guid="{9c205a39-1250-487d-abd7-e831c6290539}" />
<EventID>411</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x4000000000000000</Keywords>

<EventRecordID>508</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="32" />
<Channel>Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration</Channel>
<Computer>DESKTOP-6ATO838</Computer>
<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data Name="DeviceInstanceId">{5d624f94-8850-40c3-a3fa-a4fd2080baf3}\vwifimp_wfd\7&amp;37275aa3&amp;2&amp;20</Data>
<Data Name="DriverName">netvwifimp.inf</Data>
<Data Name="ClassGuid">{4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}</Data>
<Data Name="ServiceName">vwifimp</Data>
<Data Name="LowerFilters">
</Data>
<Data Name="UpperFilters">
</Data>
<Data Name="Problem">0xa</Data>
<Data Name="Status">0xc0000001</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

Alot of these 5010 errors:

Source: Netwtw08
Date: 8/5/2019 6:51:46 AM
Event ID: 5010
Computer: DESKTOP-6ATO838
Description:
Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9260 : The network adapter has returned an invalid value to the driver.
Event Xml:

<System>
<Provider Name="Netwtw08" />

Other errors similar to what it started with a few days ago...& resets alot 200 or 300 times ...

Its working  so should I worry? 

HP Recommended

Well, its still not working properly & I have to manually make it connect ir reset the adapter every time it wakes & Its set not to turn off the wifi...

Now the other Z book has the same problem so I think it may be some microsoft incompatability with the wifi...

This first started with 1803 & now they are both on 1903 & I've read that alot of wifis are messed up...

All my elitebooks 3 of then 8460P & 2 8570W's an i5 & i7 &  my surface do not have this problem & all are on 1903 only the HP Zbooks & they each have different wifi cards...

I get multiple Microsoft wi fi direct virtual adapters up to 8 sometimes & then I delete them so it can start all over... I hav e not bothered to check the errors as I had about 700 per second in August & thats just unacceptible.

The other day both Z books did not want to connect wifi even though reset they lost the wifi totally so  I had to plug one in as I had to get some work done & the wifi problems are making my 2 best Z books worthless!

I really donlt think its the wifi cards failing but I did upgrade the Z 15G2 to 9260AC from 7260AC & the z15 has the N 6235...

They both are i7 quad  mobile workstations & I expected to be able to use them for a long time but I need a reliable wifi & neither one is providing one....

I chased this like nobodys business back in August...looked up all the errors trying to figure out where it was coming from but I am still clueless why its just the Zbooks... 17 4700 & i7 4800...

So I am still clueless & very frustrated & it is possible these systems are not doing well with the windows...One has a new installed fresh win 1903 the other updated & both had this problem with  win 1803...

I guess I just want to put it out there something is still very wrong but I have about exhausted all possible resolutions/fixes to date...

The Zbooks & there wifi somehow are just lemons now & getting wifi is always problematic...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.