04-11-2017 08:57 AM
Apparently my Envy 17 Laptop only uses a 2.4 wifi adapter. Can I use a dual band 2.4/5 adapter?
Are both antenas already in the Laptop so I can only change the card?
If so what dual band adapter is recommended?
04-11-2017 09:06 AM
Please see this thread: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/ENVY-QUAD-17T-J100-wifi-Model-E...
It confirms that your laptop has no whitelist and can accommodate dual band card
But I'll request you to check yourself whether wireless card indeed has 2 antennas before going in for upgrade, just for making sure
Click the "THUMBS UP ICON" to say "Thank you" and the "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find this fix/answer easily
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- HP PCs - Using Bluetooth Devices (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Slow Internet Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8)