Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 2000 Vision : D1E80UA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Upgraded from Windows XP to Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit on a HP 2000 Vision Notebook. Lost Wi-Fi connectivity. No Network Adapter recognized. Went to: Device Manager: NO Network Adapter. No drivers for: Ethernet Controller; Network Controller; PCI Device; SM Bus Controller. Downloaded ALL HP software and drivers for: Network Drivers. Downloaded: Ralink (HP) Network Drivers on their website. Same Problem. Need help. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Karl.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

You need these drivers for the remaining devices...

Ethernet Controller:

This package provides the Realtek Local Area Network (LAN) Driver that enables the Realtek Network Interface Card (NIC) Chip in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system.

File name: sp56680.exe

PCI Device:

This package contains the driver that enables the Realtek Card Reader in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. The card reader enables users to read from or write to supported removable storage cards, which are typically used in digital cameras, digital music players, and cellular phones.

File name: sp64801.exe

Don't forget to install the graphics driver.  That rarely shows up as a missing device but if you see a standard vga adapter listed under the display adapters device manager category, that means you need to install the graphics driver.

This package provides the AMD High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver and Catalyst Control Center for supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. For notebooks with switchable graphics modes, this package includes drivers for both graphics processing units (GPUs). Switchable graphics enable users to switch between a power-saving graphics mode (normally used under battery power) and a high-performance graphics mode. If high-definition multimedia interface (HDMI) video output is supported, this package also installs the HDMI Audio Driver.

File name: sp58617.exe

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi:

You can use the W6 x64 drivers and software from the HP 2000z-2a00 on your model except the BIOS and firmware files.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-2000-2a00-Notebook-PC-series/5259212/model/527537...

Your model uses the Atheros wireless LAN driver for the Network Controller device.

I have zipped up and attached the smbus controller driver you need below.

You have to manually install this driver as follows...

Download and unzip the file I attached to its folder.

Don't do anything with the files in the folder.

Go to the device manager and click on the smbus controller needing the driver.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option and browse to the driver folder you unzipped.

Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked and the driver should install.

Then reboot the PC.

HP Recommended

Outstanding,sp66185 AMD SM bus controller work great. One down and three to go. If my understanding is correct. I go to the link above that you sent me and I can download the other drivers. Is this correct?

HP Recommended

Sory for the Short timeing i have wrote down all the info for you as needed.

Modle number: 200-2b19wm

Serial Number: [personal information removed]

Warranty Number: [personal information removed]

HP Recommended

Outstanding, the link that you provided for the Athero Wireless LAN driver worked. Two down into to go. All I need is: Ethernet Controller; PCI Device drivers. Thank you in advance.

Karl.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

You need these drivers for the remaining devices...

Ethernet Controller:

This package provides the Realtek Local Area Network (LAN) Driver that enables the Realtek Network Interface Card (NIC) Chip in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system.

File name: sp56680.exe

PCI Device:

This package contains the driver that enables the Realtek Card Reader in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. The card reader enables users to read from or write to supported removable storage cards, which are typically used in digital cameras, digital music players, and cellular phones.

File name: sp64801.exe

Don't forget to install the graphics driver.  That rarely shows up as a missing device but if you see a standard vga adapter listed under the display adapters device manager category, that means you need to install the graphics driver.

This package provides the AMD High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver and Catalyst Control Center for supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. For notebooks with switchable graphics modes, this package includes drivers for both graphics processing units (GPUs). Switchable graphics enable users to switch between a power-saving graphics mode (normally used under battery power) and a high-performance graphics mode. If high-definition multimedia interface (HDMI) video output is supported, this package also installs the HDMI Audio Driver.

File name: sp58617.exe

HP Recommended

Been out of town and just got back, sorry for the delay.

Open the Network Interface Card sp56680.exe and work just fine for the Ethernet Controller.

Open the Realtek Card Reader sp64801.exe and it just worked fine as well for the PC Device and the Network Adapter shows up in the Device Manager.

I have not opened up AMD High Definition Graphics Driver and Catalyst Controller Center sp58617.exe yet due to time restraints. We'll work on it tomorrow.

I tip my hat to the HP Community for their commitment and especially kudos to "HP Expert" Paul_ Tikkanen for his unwavering volunteer duty & dedication.

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

HP Recommended

Big  ( THANK YOU )you helped me with my wifi drivers  small qustion when i installed it do i need to buy a  windws 7 key? to make this  work once it runs out can i still go online ? an use my apps  or would i like need to re  install my windows 7 agin

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Does windows say it needs to be activated?

If not, you don't need to do anything.

If it is not activated click on activate now and see what happens.

You will have needed to enter the Windows 7 Ultimate product key you got with your installation disk.

If you don't have a key, then you will have to buy one.

I don't even know if you can still get them from Microsoft though.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.