Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Touchsmart 15-b181ea
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi Guys, got a problem and hoping to get some info. Recently added a BCM943228HMB 2x2 Wifi/Bluetooth Card. Many Thanks goes to Paul_Tikkanen for accessing the driver to make it work. 

(6.30.223.267     Sep 17, 2015 https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72501-73000/sp72931.exe)

Bit of an issue, seems quite common with Windows 8.1 at least. My Laptop is fully updated. Every time I close the Lid and the Laptop Hibernates, when I open it back up, the Bluetooth Tray Icon is gone. In Device Manager, the Bluetooth Icon is there but there are some instructions missing, I have to Restart the machine, then go into Device Manager and there will be more Instruction - ie, Power Saving, which I have unchecked. When it goes back into Hibernation, again on wake - no Bluetooth. This is really frustrating, I've checked Microsoft Updates/Packs, been told I already have the update to sort this. Does the Driver share the Instruction from the WiFi driver? Thank You

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@frslam Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the Bluetooth disappearing after Hibernation.

Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.

Please try these steps:

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is very critical to resolving the issue.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.