Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
15z-db0000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

15z-db0000 laptop purchased March 2020 with Realtek RLT8822BE 802.11ac 2x2 (867Mbps) NIC, Realtek GigE wired networking and I am only getting 40-90Mbps wired or wireless.

My internet connection is 300Mbps, and I am consistently getting 250-315Mbps on other devices on same network (other HP laptop wired and wireless, iPhone wireless, desktop wired) on same 802.11ac router. When I connect other devices via wired ethernet I get 250-300Mbps, but this laptop only get 40-90Mbps wired or wireless.

Windows Wifi Status shows 780Mbps connection. Updated drivers to latest from HP support website, ran windows update, attempted to update driver, no updates found. Ran HP PC Diagnostic in Windows and UEFI (wired and wireless), all tests passed.

I paid for 802.11ac 2x2 networking and this computer's networking is not working as it should. What can I do to get this working?!

Thank you,

STERIaTH

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@STERIaTH Welcome to HP Community!

I understand you have issues with slow Ethernet and wifi  connection,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Have you attempted to update the network adapter & BIOS?

(Click here to find and install it, if you haven't done it yet)

While you respond to that, here are a few reasons why the ethernet could be slow and what you could do to resolve it:

Step 1: Detecting and removing spyware and adware

If the computer becomes slow after connecting to the Internet, or your home page changes to a page you do not want, or unwanted desktop links appear, or advertising windows pop up repeatedly, then the computer probably has spyware or adware installed. Spyware and adware can be very difficult to remove manually. For more information about spyware and how to remove spyware from the computer, refer to Computer Might Be Infected by a Virus or Malware (Windows 10, 

Step 2: Scanning for and removing viruses

Many viruses use an Internet connection when a browser window is opened and can cause the computer to slow down or stop responding. For more information about how to scan and remove viruses, refer to Computer Might Be Infected by a Virus or Malware (Windows 10.

NOTE:

After scanning and removing spyware and viruses, run Windows Update to update your computer.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Yes, I already updated the BIOS, updated the wired and wireless network drivers, confirmed the Firewall is operational, WIndows Update is current, and no viruses are found.

This did not resolve the issue, wired and wireless network is still slow compared to other devices on the same network.

HP Recommended

@STERIaTH 

I understand your concerns.

Please update the windows update.

Windows Updates -

1) In the search box, type, and open Windows Updates.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

Please try creating a new user account on your computer.

Go to http://hp.care/2dWJKgW  and follow the steps to create a new user account.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Confirmed, Windows Update is fully up-to-date. I will try adding a new user account.

HP Recommended

@STERIaTH

Thank you for the update.

Please create the new user account and check.

If the issue still persists, perform the system reset.

Windows 10 has a reset feature that repairs your computer by reinstalling the operating system. This feature is recommended for recovery because it reinstalls Windows 10 while either preserving your personal data and customizations or removing all your personal data.

You have a choice of two methods to reset your computer.

• If Windows 10 loads correctly, see the section titled Perform a Windows 10 system reset in Windows in this document.

• If Windows 10 does not start correctly, see the section titled Perform a Windows 10 system reset through Windows Recovery Environment in this document.

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.