Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp omen 15en-00000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am having an issue that appears to be caused by using a 2nd monitor connected via the display port.  Once the laptop goes to sleep, if I have a 2nd monitor connected via display port, then when it wakes, the laptop will show that the wireless and Bluetooth adapter is not connected and I won't have internet access. I've done a few tests tonight. I tried connecting a 2nd monitor with the usb-c port connection and was able to have wireless internet upon it waking from sleep. I set my computer to go to sleep a few times with the 2nd monitor connected via usbc-connection, and upon waking found that it always had wireless/bluetooth connectivity. However, once I tried connecting a 2nd display with the Mini Display connection I found that I would not have wireless/Bluetooth abilities after the laptop woke from sleep. Has a solution to this problem been found? How do we get HP's support on this issue?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi - I've had the same problem today but with a HP Z book G6.  When I plugged a 2nd display via Display port via my Thunderbolt dock my laptop wakes up with no WiFi or Bluetooth and even worse everything is greyed out and there is no way to turn it back on.  F11 Wireless key (just stays on amber which = off).   If I remove display port and reboot and it all comes back OK, Use HDMI directly from Laptop and I can sleep and wake with no issue - so it appears to be related to display port in some way.  I'm not sure if this is exactly the same issue for you but it looks close.  For my set up, I was able to flash the BIOS to the latest version (I was one update behind current for some reason) and this fixed the issue for me.  I can now go back to 2nd monitor via displayport on my Thunderbolt dock and sleep /wake with no issues.  Just in case this helps in your specific situation.  Good luck.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the suggestion. I checked my bios and I have version F.07, which appears to be the latest version for my computer.  So that doesn't appear to be the solution in my case. Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.