06-01-2010 03:07 PM - last edited on 06-01-2010 03:32 PM by WendyM
I have a Presario Model C751NR Laptop,
S/N [text removed for privacy]
I would like to upgrade it from Wireless Lan, 802.11G to Wireless Lan, 802.11N.
I would like to do this by changing the existing, (AR5007) Mini PCI wireless lan card.
Could you tell me what Wireless Lan 802.11 N was available for the C700 series Laptops.
I see the drivers are available on the support page.
Thanking you in advance for any help you may offer.
06-01-2010 05:08 PM
Note that the specific wireless cards in HP systems have specific bios implemented support. Using any 3rd party or non-hp cards (or even hp cards that is not qualified for that model) would cause the system to not boot.
You would get a boot error saying something like "unsupported wireless network device detected. System halted. remove device and restart"
According to Partsurfer (http://partsurfer.hp.com) there is no wireless N card available for your model so I would not reccommend doing this (if you still want to try - make sure you can return the part and get your money back)
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- HP PCs - Using Bluetooth Devices (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Slow Internet Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8)