Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Every time I run a game on my laptop, my wireless WI-FI disconnects with the yellow icon. Then when I'm not playing it, the WI-FI comes back on. Is there a way to fix this product?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@_EricV_,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that the wireless connection drop when you are playing games.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

What games do you play on the computer?

Meanwhile, I recommend you uninstall the wireless driver from the device manager and then download and install it from the below link.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Here is how it is done.

1. Type "Device Manager" into the search field to open the device manager console.
  2. Expand the node that represents the type of device that you want to uninstall, right-click the device entry, and click Uninstall.
  3. On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click OK to start the uninstall process.
  4. When the uninstall process is complete, remove the device.

NOTE: On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click the Delete the driver software for this device option to delete the driver package that was used for the device.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I set my laptop back to factory 4 days ago. I play Rig of Rods. Only have that game downloaded. It does it randomly as well when I roam around the web, and does it over and over when I play a game. Sorry about that, I'll check what you posted to me and see if that works.

HP Recommended

So I install the wireless drive from the link you sent me in the post?

HP Recommended

Here is a lit of drivers. Which one do I click?

Driver.PNG

HP Recommended

@_EricV_,

I recommend you go to the device manager and check the wireless card you have under network adapters. Then download and install the same driver from the HP website and check.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have this under device management. Would my wireless card be "Realek RTL8188EE 802.11 bng Wi-Fi Adapter? Wire.PNG

HP Recommended

@_EricV_

Create a new user account and check if that works.

1. Select Settings.
  2. Tap Accounts.
  3. Select Family & other users.
  4. Tap "Add someone else to this PC."
  5. Select "Add a user without a Microsoft account."
  6. Enter a username, type the account's password twice, enter a clue and select Next.
  7. Tap the Windows icon.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.