Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy m7-kO10dx Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have HP ENVY m7-k010dx with Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260. Looking to replace the wireless, but all of the info I am finding points to HP ENVY m7-j010dx, and the support entries suggest only a very few are compatible. So, I don't know whether I should consider myself inside or outside of that group. 

What do I need to be careful of?

Wi-Fi connectivity issues for a month. Troubleshooter usually resolves with "reset Wi-Fi adapter." But more recently, it doesn't even list the Wi-Fi as an option to diagnose. Assuming it is kaput and I need to replace it.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

The service manual doesn't even list that adapter as supported in your notebook.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04409752

The only suggestion I can offer would be to get the part number off the card that is shown on the 'Replace with HP Spare label,' or buy this part number...

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11 ac 2x2 WiFi + BT 4.0    HP Part # 710661-001

HP Recommended

Thank you very much. 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.