Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY X360 - 15-ds0101ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am using HP laptop with the following specs:

Product number: 7GT44EA#ABD

Product name: HP ENVY X360 - 15-ds0101ng

Here is the description of the problem I have with the Realtek RTL8822BE PCIe Adapter 802.11b/g/n/a/ac (2x2) and Bluetooth® 4.2 combo in this laptop:

When connected with 2.4 GHz WLAN Access Point (3 different APs of different manufacturers) network speed is very slow and very inconsistently. Other older laptops around is getting much better speeds in the same conditions.

Same Access Points on 5 GHz WLAN connection is working 2-4 times faster in the same range and conditions.

Also when resetting or powering on laptop 3-4 out of 20 times and every time after sleep mode WLAN is found and connected but saying without internet connection (this was happening on 3 different APs).

This is solved after switching off and again on of WLAN module on laptop.

Also Bluetooth is working rather weak. Same problem with speed is in Bluetooth transfer of data. Problem is also with connectivity with Logitech MS590 Bluetooth mouse. With this laptop I have lot of connection brake-ups while working when I need to switch the mouse off and then again on to work properly. Same mouse was working with few different laptops without any similar problem.

I must say that I am using Windows 10 Home with latest updates.

Also driver version for Realtek RTL8822BE PCIe Adapter is 2024.0.10.209 from 04/12/2019 (latest drivers available).

Can you help?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Goran78

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

I suggest you download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...

HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Also ensure Windows is up to date.

Select the Start  button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available

If the issue persists try creating a New User Account and let me know if that helps. Link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4026923/windows-10-create-a-local-user-or-administrator-acc...

You can also refer to this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04649175

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you and have a wonderful day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am already using this tool. As I have told before I have the newest drivers installed. Still is the same....

HP Recommended

Hi @Goran78

Thanks for replying.

Please try the steps below to resolve the issue-

Powercycle the network:
1. Shut down your notebook.
2. Unplug the power to your router.
3. Unplug the power to your modem.
4. Wait at least 45 seconds.
5. Plugin the modem, and wait for it to come back online.
6. Plugin the router, and wait for it to come back online.
7. Turn on your notebook, and test your connection.

Disable the Power Off option for the adapter:
1. Open Device Manager. (Win Key+R > type devmgmt.msc > OK)
2. Expand the Network adapters.
3. Right-click on the Ethernet/Wireless Adapter and click Properties.
4. Click the Power Management tab.
5. Remove the checkmark beside Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
6. Click OK.
7. Test.

Reset the TCP/IP settings on your PC:
1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.
2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.
3. In the window that opens type "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt" without quotes, and press enter.
4. Restart your PC and test.

It may also help to reset the winsock catalogue:
3. In the window that opens type "netsh winsock reset" without quotes, and press enter.

Reinstall the network adapter drivers:
1. Download the drivers from here but do not run them yet.
2. Go to your start screen/menu and type Device Manager.
3. Expand Network adapters.
4. Right-click on the wireless adapter and choose Uninstall.
5. Run the downloaded drivers from step 1.
6. Restart your PC and test.

Test an ethernet connection:
Self-explanatory. Test if the issue persists on a wired connection to rule out the wireless adapter hardware so troubleshooting can be directed towards the right areas.

Test another connection:
Many people rule out their home network as an issue if another device is working on the same network. Networking is not that simple. Each device interacts differently with your router or modem and it is impossible to rule out settings in that device until the notebook has been tested on another network.

If those three steps do not resolve the issue, try this document published by Microsoft for networking issues: Wired and wireless network problems. You can change the operating system with the dropdown in the upper-right corner of the document.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Hi all,

Powercycle the network:
1. Shut down your notebook.
2. Unplug the power to your router.
3. Unplug the power to your modem.
4. Wait at least 45 seconds.
5. Plugin the modem, and wait for it to come back online.
6. Plugin the router, and wait for it to come back online.
7. Turn on your notebook, and test your connection.

DONE SEVERAL TIMES....

Disable the Power Off option for the adapter:
1. Open Device Manager. (Win Key+R > type devmgmt.msc > OK)
2. Expand the Network adapters.
3. Right-click on the Ethernet/Wireless Adapter and click Properties.
4. Click the Power Management tab.
5. Remove the checkmark beside Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
6. Click OK.
7. Test.

I COULDN'T FIND THIS OPTION BUT ALL POWER RESTRICTIONS ARE DISABLED. I MUST SAY THAT ON 5 GHZ EVERYTHING IS WORKING PROPERLY WITH THE SAME SETTINGS. 

Reset the TCP/IP settings on your PC:
3. In the window that opens type "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt" without quotes, and press enter.

DONE!

It may also help to reset the winsock catalogue:
3. In the window that opens type "netsh winsock reset" without quotes, and press enter.

DONE!

Reinstall the network adapter drivers:
1. Download the drivers from here but do not run them yet.
2. Go to your start screen/menu and type Device Manager.
3. Expand Network adapters.
4. Right-click on the wireless adapter and choose Uninstall.
5. Run the downloaded drivers from step 1.
6. Restart your PC and test.

DONE!

Test an ethernet connection:
Self-explanatory. Test if the issue persists on a wired connection to rule out the wireless adapter hardware so troubleshooting can be directed towards the right areas.

DONE, AND THE UPLOAD AND DOWNLOAD SPEEDS ARE ON MAXIMUM. 

Test another connection:
Many people rule out their home network as an issue if another device is working on the same network. Networking is not that simple. Each device interacts differently with your router or modem and it is impossible to rule out settings in that device until the notebook has been tested on another network.

SAME PROBLEM IF IT IS WORKING IN 2.4 GHZ MODE.

HP Recommended

We appreciate your persistence, that said, here are a few other things that have helped others identify the cause of the issue and resolve it:

1. Open Device Manager  

2. Open Network adapters  

3. Locate and right-click the Wi-Fi Adapter and then left-click on Properties  

4. Click the Power Management tab  

5. uncheck the checkmark on "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save the power" and then hit OK

If the issue persists, please run a hardware test on the Wireless card to identify the issue: Click here for steps.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.