Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 2 (118 Views)

Wireless and wired internet adapters are unrecognized by system and will not download drivers

Product Name: Hp Pavilion dm1z-3200
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Following a new hard drive install to my still in great condition dm1z, I have experienced some problems with my internet adapters/drivers; the ethernet controller, wireless controller, and internet adapter all will not update (following connection to the internet via 3rd party usb tp-link connection) and give me the same error of unidentified device, missing drivers.  And following my set up of the tp-link connection, my computer fails to download any new files/programs/drivers/ anything, giving me an error each time.  Under the networking hub neither adapter is available, and the only appear as unidentified devices under the device manager.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Provost
Message 2 of 2 (86 Views)

Re: Wireless and wired internet adapters are unrecognized by system and will not download drivers

Are you installing from your model's driver page?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-dm1-3200-entertainment-notebook-pc-seri...

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others**
******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to say -Thanks!.******
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation