Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 14ac030tx
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi all, I would like to know if there is a compatible upgrade for wifi card to 5ghz for my hp laptop? I am only picking up 2.4ghz signals and it often is not stable. Mine has an amd processor. What would be an ideal wireless card upgrade?

Thank you in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Raph10

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).
  • What is the operating system?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Mine is  Pavilion 14ac030tx. N4F49PA is the pdt num.

On windows 8.

HP Recommended

@Raph10
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

After reading your post, I did go through the Product specifications of your product and found that you have 802.11b/g/n (1x1) and Bluetooth® 4.0 combo installed on the PC.

If the network adapter supports network mode 802.11ac: The computer supports both 2.4 GHz and 5GHz - your network capability IS Dual-Band Compatible.

To get the answer to this question, this computer is not compatible with Dual-Band. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I just need to know if I can buy a wireless card to get 5ghz. Is this possible and what are the options available in the market?

HP Recommended

@Raph10

Your product Support for the following WLAN formats:

● Realtek RTL8188EE 802.11bgn 1x1 Wi-Fi Adapter

● Realtek RT8723BE 802.11bgn 1x1 Wi-Fi + BT4.0 Combo Adapter

● Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 bgn 1x1 Wi-Fi + BT4.0 HMC Combo Adapter

● Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 802.11 ac 1x1 WiFi + BT 4.0 Combo Adapter

● Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 802.11 ac 1x1 WiFi + BT 4.0 Combo Adapter

All the above cards are tested for your product. Please see the manual 

If you would like to purchase the 5ghz, you can go ahead and purchase. It may work.

However, you can purchase the USB wifi dongle. Plug and play device. This will not cause you any problem.

Please refer to the following link.

The above link is 3rd party and is not owned by HP, I've posted this only so that I may help you resolve this issue by going beyond my support boundaries, please ignore the ads and take only the free suggestions

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.