01-03-2018 09:24 AM
I have different HP pc's and they all seem to behave different. My internetprovider provides 2 wireless connections:
wifi 2.4 and wifi 5.0 and advises to turn them on both. The laptop I'm working on now does not show wifi 5.0.
Other hp-computers do. Could someone explain to me why just 1 connection is showing up please?
Thank you very much, have a happy New Year!
01-03-2018 09:28 AM
Happy New Year to you too!
Some HP notebooks come with dual band (2.4 Ghz/500 GHz) wifi adapters, but most of them only come with single band (2.4 GHz) wifi adapters.
If you let me know what model wifi adapter is in the pc you have in question, I will let you know if that is a single or dual band wifi adapter.
If you don't know what model wifi adapter your notebook has, go to the device manager, click to expand the Network Adapters device manager category, and there you will find the name and model number of the wireless network adapter.
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- HP PCs - Using Bluetooth Devices (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Slow Internet Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8)