Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wireless connection randomly drops

HP Envy 15t-k100
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi. I have had my Laptop for about 2 years now. My laptop just recently began constantly droping my internet connection. I get no notifications from my laptop when it ocurrs. The Wireless icon says I am still connected and with no issues. But what ever I am doing states I've lost connection. It seems to continue having no wireless for a few seconds, then instantly does back to normal. I have brought up the task manager and watched the wireless performance and it seems to stop sending and recieving data when this occurs. 

My network adaptor is a:

Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter

I have made sure to turn off the power saving mode on it, and i've trouble shooted it multiple times. The trouble shooter just resets it and states the problem is fixed, even though it still occurs. I have dried deinstalling and reinstalling multiple times, updating it, rerolling it, downloading the latest drivers from HP, etc. Nothing seems to be working. 

Any help would be appreciated

1 REPLY
Retired
Retired
2785 144 327
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wireless connection randomly drops

Hi @ben18,

Welcome to the HP Forums! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I have read your post and wanted to help. I understand that the wireless connection is not stable.

Please review the post below:

Common fixes for wireless connectivity issues

Also, please follow the troubleshooting document below:

HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)

Let me know how it goes.

If this post helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me Kudos. 

Regards,

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation