Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360
Microsoft Windows 11

Wireless connectivity suddenly ceased, no networks seem to be available. However, Other wireless devices and computers function as usual. New HP ENVY x360 running Windows 11 and it does NOT have an either net port to be able to hardwire a connection. So, not able to connect to the internet to update, etc. Running Trouble Shooter does not fix, turning wireless on a off at the laptop does not fix, disabiling does not fix, reseting modem and router does not fix, following suggestions on YouTube does not fix. Can't find an actual on/off button that may have been accidentally pressed like my other laptops have.

Help would be appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @MEB71 

Welcome to HP Support Community. 

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you. 

I see that you are facing internet issues.

Kindly refer to the steps on this link to update BIOS and let me know if that fixes the issue.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Treeko

HP Support

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

After posting question I was able to connect to the wireless internet for a short time by going to Device Manger, Network adapters, Media Tek Wi-Fi 6E MT7922 (RZ616) 160MHz PCIe Adapter, Properties, Driver, Uninstall Device, Restart. Upon Restarting it did detect a network, which I reconnected to and was able to upload both a newer device driver for the Wireless Network card and update the Bios. Sometime later that afternoon the wireless connection was again lost and NOTHING attempted has been able to restore it. (BTW I am using a different computer to be able to make this contact.)

So, uploading a new Bios has Not helped solve this problem.

HP Recommended

Hi @MEB71 

Please update the drivers using HP Support Assistant. Kindly refer to the steps on this link and let me know if that fixes the issue.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

I hope this helps.

Treeko

HP Support

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Treeko, thanks for your assistance.

Last evening Windows 11 did an update and internet connection was again lost.

I was able to reconnect by going to Device Manager and uninstalling the wireless and uninstalling the driver, turning off and then upon rebooting it did detect the local network where putting in the password again brought the wireless connection back up again.

Is this an issue with Windows 11 or the laptop network card?

HP Recommended

Hi @MEB71 

Kindly refer to the steps on this link to update BIOS and let me know if that fixes the issue.

I hope this helps.

Treeko

HP Support

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.