08-09-2019 04:16 PM
The wireless driver on my laptop was uninstalled and when I reinstall it, it doesn't work. Not entirely sure if I'm downloading the right driver however. It works with an ethernet cable but constantly disconnects.
08-12-2019 03:30 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:
Using ethernet cable connection try updating the system software and drivers,
Perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant:
To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.
Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.
- To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon .
- Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
- Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
- Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
- Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
- Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee