Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wireless drops out intermittently

HP Spectre x360 - 13-aw0059tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Have a brand new HP Spectre x360 which loses wireless internet connection regularly. I run the troubleshooting tool which fixes it after awhile, and it says I have an issue with my gateway - which is not the case as I have other devices connected and working without issue, i.e. tv/netflix.

I've unistalled/reinstalled the driver multiple times and it hasn't resolved the issue.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 5
176 164 10 27
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Are you using the latest drivers? If not (or not sure) install the HP Support assistant from there and let him perform an update from all drivers / firmware.

Additional: Did it also drop the wireless connection when its close to the access point?

--------
If the answer is helpful mark it with Kudos by clicking on the kudos button. If your problem is solved then mark it as solved. Thanks 🙂

P.S.
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, latest drivers have been installed via the assistant.

I'm 1m from the access point, can move up to 5m - being closer makes no difference.

Today I used a different access point at work, same issue - connection dropped out about 1hr in the session, I have to run the assistance to fix. It says issue with the gateway (which is not the case).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 5
176 164 10 27
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hm out of the blue I would have said its an DHCP issue ... or there are different router using the same range, then your router is trying to find a better range and disconnected the user. But if the same issue happen at work when using a different access point ...

If you use a wire at home and disconnect the WiFi did the issue happen as well?

is your WLAN using 2,4GHz or 5GHz? You might wish to reconfigure everything and use the 5GHz (some router allows to spawn up two wireless lan like the AVM FritzBox; if thats the case connect the notebook to the 5GHz WLAN).

--------
If the answer is helpful mark it with Kudos by clicking on the kudos button. If your problem is solved then mark it as solved. Thanks 🙂

P.S.
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Turns out my issue with Norton's Smart Firewall. Simply deactivating/reactivating has seemly solved my problem. 

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my issue, it got me on the right track to look at other things.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 5
176 164 10 27
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ah, thanks for sharing that and great to hear its solve. Then simply accept that as an answer, so this topic can be closed / archived.

--------

P.S.
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation