Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 17-by1033dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I cannot project my HP laptop to my Samsung smart tv. Any ideas? My daughters Dell laptop does just fine.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I have solved the problem. It seems that the Wifi adapter does not support the 5GHZ wifi channel. I disabled it on my router and am able to connect now. Thanks for your suggestions and with them and a little digging I was able to solve the problem. Please use this info going forward.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Musician1 

Which adapter is on your machine ? The series supports

Compatible with Miracast-certified devices

Integrated Wireless options with dual antennas (M.2/PCIe):

• Realtek RTL8822BE 802.11 ac 2×2 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.2 Combo Adapter (MU-MIMO supported)Integrated

Wireless options with single antenna (M.2/PCIe):

• Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 9461 802.11 AC 1×1 WiFi + BT5 Combo Adapter (non-vPro) (MU-MIMO supported)
  • Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11 ac 1×1 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.2 Combo Adapter (MU-MIMO supported)
  • Realtek RTL8723DE 802.11 bgn 1×1 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.2 Combo Adapter

Now How do you connect your daughter's machine to your TV ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

My daughter uses the Project option on her laptop without any additional devices.

HP Recommended

@Musician1 

What is the Network adapter on the Dell machine ?           

Note: Internal Adapters on your HP and your daughter's Dell aren't the same.

Sorry, Forum rule won't allow me to post a link . Please use Google and search for "How to Connect Windows 10 to TV Wirelessly Miracast"

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

My adapter on the HP is Realtek RTL8723DE 802.11b/g/n PCIe Adapter

HP Recommended

Does not solve my problem.

HP Recommended

I have solved the problem. It seems that the Wifi adapter does not support the 5GHZ wifi channel. I disabled it on my router and am able to connect now. Thanks for your suggestions and with them and a little digging I was able to solve the problem. Please use this info going forward.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.