Post new question
Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 9 (397 Views)

Won't connect to Wifi or Disconnects for Wifi

Product Name: 15-G094SA
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

I'm new to the forum, so i'm sorry if this has been covered before.

I've had this laptop, which i use for work, for about 1.5 years now.

It's pretty much worked ok, except that it's now very slow when a webpage has ad's on it, and it seems to take ages to load the page etc.

However, the main reason is the wifi issue.

It's usually been great up until last night.

I was switching off the machine and it says "shutdown and update", so i did this as i normally do.

However, this morning, it wouldnt connect to the wifi and said there was problems.

I kept switching it off and on and eventually got it to connect to the internet. However, twice now it's suddenly had the exclamation mark over the wifi signal etc.

ps I checked the network adaptor (Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 802.11 b/g/n wifi adaptor)

Can anyone help?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Top Student
Message 2 of 9 (396 Views)

Slow webpages

Hi

I don't know if this is in the correct forum area or not, sorry if it's not.

Anyway, for the last few months, i've noticed that my laptop is getting slower and slower when opening certain web pages.

It's particularly slow when the webpage (such as yahoo mail) has loads of ad's at the side.

For whatever reason, the page takes ages to load.

Plus, i also get "only secure content is displayed" quite a lot too.

Our wifi signal is very good, and other gadgets such as tablets, load straight away.

Thanks

Retired
Message 3 of 9 (362 Views)

Re: Won't connect to Wifi or Disconnects for Wifi

[ Edited ]

Hey! 

Thanks for joining the HP Support Forums community @MrG1999! I seen that you had posted on the forums twice so I merged both of your posts together so that I could answer both concerns at once. Here at the Forums you will find solutions, suggestions and helping hands! I will do my absolute best to help you come to a resolution with the Network issues and slow performance on your HP 15-g094sa Notebook PC. 

Have you tried to delete your browsing history?

Have you tried to delete your temp files?

Have you tried to delete your cookies?

Have you tried to empy your recycle bin?

Have you tried to do a disk cleanup?

Here is a document called Computer Is Slow. Please take your time and follow each step carefully. Although it may seem time consuming, majority of the time, these steps resolve the issue when done correctly. 

What browser are you using currently?

Please try going to What browser and try another one to see if the webpages load faster. 

ONLY SECURE CONTENT IS DISPLAYED error

"This often happens with online stores or financial sites that display images, banners, or scripts that are coming from a server that is not secured. The risk of displaying mixed content is that a non-secure webpage or script might be able to access information from the secure content."

Source: Only secure content is displayed (Microsoft). 

The website does give you steps to fix the prompt that you are receiving, however there is a note that says "Important: Internet Explorer blocks non-secure content by default and is set to prompt you when this is happening. Changing this setting may make your computer vulnerable to viral, fraudulent or malicious attacks. Microsoft does not recommend that you attempt to change this setting.  Modify this setting at your own risk."

WIRELESS NETWORK ISSUES

You had also mentioned having an issue with the Wifi. To rectify the Wifi, my first suggestion would be to use the Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet Tool. At the bottom it will ask you questions to help narrow down the issue. 

You can find steps that might help in the Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet document.

Have you uninstalled the driver in the Device Manager? If not, please uninstall the driver in the Device Manager using the following steps:  

• Go to the Device Manager.
  • Expand Network Adapters.
  • Right click on all of the Network Adapters individually.
  • Click Uninstall.
  • Restart the Notebook twice.

If this reply helped, please use the Accept as Solution button. If you want to give me a virtual high five, please click the Thumbs Up icon below. 

Please let me know what the results of the suggestions above are. 

Thanks for joining in!

Have a good one Smiley Happy

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
Top Student
Message 4 of 9 (338 Views)

Hi

Many thanks for taking the time to get back to me, much appreciated.

I'll follow all the steps and will let you know how i get on.

With regards to the questions:-

1. I regularly run CC Cleaner to help clean out the laptop, maybe every week or so

2. I was using Firefox, but webpages were taking a while to load up (especially if they had ad's on them) so i changed back to Internet Explorer etc.

Thanks again

Top Student
Message 5 of 9 (331 Views)

Hi

I've followed most of your instructions and my laptop seems to be running a little bit better now.

The graphics driver updated itself, following your instruction, and i've reverted back to Firefox to see if that helps.

I haven't done the drivers (wireless networks) yet as i'm busy with work, but i will look into that later.

Thanks again

Top Student
Message 6 of 9 (330 Views)

Sorry, i meant to ask, what happens when you uninstall the network driver and then restart?

Will it automatically look for a new one?

Retired
Message 7 of 9 (321 Views)

Hey! 

I am glad to hear that everything is running a little better at this point! 

Yes, when you uninstall the Network Adapter in the Device Manager, by restarting your Notebook the first time, it auto populates the driver, then by restarting your Notebook a second time, it makes sure that everything reloaded properly. 

Let me know if that helps! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Top Student
Message 8 of 9 (320 Views)

Ok, i'll give that a try shortly.

Cheers.

Retired
Message 9 of 9 (241 Views)

Hi there @MrG1999

Just checking in to see how the steps turned out? 

Let me know Smiley Happy

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation