Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
Nekanuq Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Z5000 Bluetooth mouse installs but doesn't respond

I have a z5000 Bluetooth mouse that seems to add successfully to my new ZBook 15 with Windows 7, but the cursor on screen doesn't respond with any movement or button presses. I have tried removing and adding the mouse several times, pressing the connect button, turning the mouse on and off, and rebooting the laptop. The same mouse worked fine on my previous laptop (Elitebook 8560w) also with Win7.

I have checked properties for the mouse and everything says the device is working properly. I have replaced the battery on the off-chance that was the problem.  I have tried adding a different bluetooth mouse (same model), with the same results.

The mice don't respond.

7 REPLIES
Associate Dean
Associate Dean
11219 436 813
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Nekanuq wrote:

I have a z5000 Bluetooth mouse that seems to add successfully to my new ZBook 15 with Windows 7, but the cursor on screen doesn't respond with any movement or button presses. I have tried removing and adding the mouse several times, pressing the connect button, turning the mouse on and off, and rebooting the laptop. The same mouse worked fine on my previous laptop (Elitebook 8560w) also with Win7.

I have checked properties for the mouse and everything says the device is working properly. I have replaced the battery on the off-chance that was the problem.  I have tried adding a different bluetooth mouse (same model), with the same results.

The mice don't respond.

Did you install the Bluetooth software for the mouse? Sometimes it requires you to install the right bluetooth software for the mouse and it properties to work correct??

-------- Looking for HP driver support When Windows 10 O/S isn't Supported ------
Windows 10 drivers may be available through Windows Update

Click 'Learn More' below for steps on using Windows Update to determine what drivers might be available for your product. Please be aware that HP does not guarantee Windows 10 drivers will be available from Windows Update.
Learn more
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is a HP USER community forum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
BTW, Millions of folks have gone back from Win10 to their prior O/S -- something you don't hear about from MS. by WAWood but ALL to TRUE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Those that want HD Gaming should plan to invest in a Gaming Laptop to handle those requirements. Eamples GTA V or Crysis 3.
0 Kudos
Nekanuq Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There is no separate software supplied to install. I tried going to HP Support Drivers and Downloads, but the link for the driver seems to be incorrect (or if it's intentional, they really need to explain why I should install the HP 2005pr USB 2.0 Port Replicator Driver when I'm looking for the driver for the z5000 mouse).

When I add the mouse, going through the wizard to add a bluetooth device, the mouse is detected and successfully added to the computer. There is a message that says "Windows is now checking for drivers and will install them if necessary. You may need to wait for this to finish before your device is ready to use. To verify if this device is finished installing properly, look fo rit in Devices and Printers." So I go to Devices and Printers, and the mouse is there.

Not a lot of ways to mess this up. It should just install. As I said before, the same mouse worked fine on another laptop. Is there some setting in Windows that needs to be enabled for Bluetooth devices?

0 Kudos
Associate Dean
Associate Dean
11219 436 813
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

ok, have you tried to contact HP support about his mouse problem? Could be they need to know about this problem to fix it - if this is a problem mouse/driver???

-------- Looking for HP driver support When Windows 10 O/S isn't Supported ------
Windows 10 drivers may be available through Windows Update

Click 'Learn More' below for steps on using Windows Update to determine what drivers might be available for your product. Please be aware that HP does not guarantee Windows 10 drivers will be available from Windows Update.
Learn more
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is a HP USER community forum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
BTW, Millions of folks have gone back from Win10 to their prior O/S -- something you don't hear about from MS. by WAWood but ALL to TRUE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Those that want HD Gaming should plan to invest in a Gaming Laptop to handle those requirements. Eamples GTA V or Crysis 3.
0 Kudos
Nekanuq Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No, I haven't. I'm not sure of the correct avenue for that.

0 Kudos
rcastelb Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have exactly the same problem, I bought my mouse yesterday in BestBuy Puerto Rico and I can no used,

The troubleshooting in the HP web page is not helpfully, Could you please somebody tell us how solve it.

Thanks… my laptop is a Dell Latitude E7450 Win 7

0 Kudos
Craigmk Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I too have a similar problem but mine works for about ten minutes then stops and has to be switched off and left
0 Kudos
DdaLestat Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It seems that the time taked by "windows update" to find the driver for the device during the mouse association is so long so the device cancels the association, I just "Ommited" the windows update search of the device controller and then Windows intalled the software without any problem, after that the Mouse worked perfectly.

I hope this informated for you, thanks

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation