Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

airplane mode

HP 15z ef000
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I bought this laptop for a hadicapped person and it appears that if you accidently hit the airplane mode key it turns off the wifi.  First of all it should a combination of two keys to turn on airplane mode such as FN airplane mode.  I have found no instructions as to how to turn AP mode off.  I found by accident that you need to hold down the AP key for a few seconds to get it back on??  How can i disable the AP key so it does not function.  He will never need to use it.  Thanks for a response.

6 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
20087 1665 6433
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

airplane mode

@ronmax999

Edits:

Comments / suggestions removed as Unwanted in this context.

Hopefully, another Expert can resolve the issue.

If the BIOS supports it, set to Defaults and change the functionality of all F1-F12.

When you see a Post that helps you,

Inspires you, provides fresh insight,

Or teaches you something new,

Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.

Click my Answer Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
ronmax999 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

airplane mode

Not really an answer that i was looking for.  Typical of a response of someone that does not know what they are talking about.  Can i revert to a normal F1-F12 keyboard.  It was really not wise of HP to have this key just available to an accidental hit.

0 Kudos
ronmax999 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

airplane mode

Thanks, i will try that ASAP. 

0 Kudos
aLittleLoopy Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

airplane mode

I too purchased this laptop with a wonderful touchsceen, that when I use, I often bump into the airplane mode button and end up turning off WiFi. I think I'm returning this dumb thing and purchasing a laptop that does the 360 degree hinge. That way, when I use the touch screen I won't keep hitting that dumb button.

0 Kudos
Rhood Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

airplane mode

how do i get Pavilion Notebooks out of airplane mode?

0 Kudos
ronmax999 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

airplane mode

It is strange.  you just need to hold down the AP mode key for a few seconds and it will come out of AP mode, just give a few seconds to change.  Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation