11-24-2016 05:58 AM
My wife got a HP17-g121 laptop and when trying to connect to our 5g dual band router I realized the adapter does not work with 5g and I want to replace it, what make and model will work best in doing so?
Also, for some reason the 2.4g band will barely get me 25Mps download speeds where on my HP the 5g gets me closer to the 150Mps I am suppose to be getting, any reason for that?
11-24-2016 03:55 PM
@Brigettesman, welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out.
I understand that you want to change the wireless card fo your laptop as the download speed is less.
HP does not recommend changing the configuration of your computer. You can do so at your own risk.
For slow internet speed, you make check the link: http://hp.care/2gle1EU
I hope you have a good day ahead.
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- HP PCs - Using Bluetooth Devices (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Slow Internet Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8)