Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (116 Views)

best Dual band wifi network adapter card replacement for reallies 802.11 in HP17-g121 for 5G

My wife got a HP17-g121 laptop and when trying to connect to our 5g dual band router I realized the adapter does not work with 5g and I want to replace it, what make and model will work best in doing so?

Also, for some reason the 2.4g band will barely get me 25Mps download speeds where on my HP the 5g gets me closer to the 150Mps I am suppose to be getting, any reason for that?

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (77 Views)

Re: best Dual band wifi network adapter card replacement for reallies 802.11 in HP17-g121 for 5G

@Brigettesman, welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out.

I understand that you want to change the wireless card fo your laptop as the download speed is less.

HP does not recommend changing the configuration of your computer. You can do so at your own risk.

For slow internet speed, you make check the link: http://hp.care/2gle1EU

I hope you have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the Accept as Solution button, Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation