Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
ea34mk Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

bf is connecting to my laptop remotely via his cell and/or his laptop...

HP NOTEBOOK-15-ba051um
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I am very new to all of this "administrator only" sh*& but I have been trying to just figure it out by trial and error and I came across my Event Logs, which told me that "airspace" had been initiated. I do not know what this means and when I type in AIRSPACE to the search on this page, nothing comes up. 

The event log looks like this:

The description for Event ID 51 from source OfficeAirSpace cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

True

The message id for the desired message could not be found

My boyfriend is pretty well versed in the language of Scripts, and my paranoia has gotten the best of me. I believe he has been accessing the files on my computer. I found an app on his iphone that was through Chrome Remote Assistance or Access or something like that. Its like an app or an extension I guess. Anyways, I like that he also installed some sort of keylogger or something that monitors my behavior on my computer. I was trying to dig up some concrete evidence of him doing so, and came across my "event logs" (an example is above in bold italics and underlined) Could he possibly be doing this through our wireless internet?? Thanks for your time but my laptop is dying or else I would add more info and questions. Please help and if you can help me see if he installed any monitoring software that would be hella cool.

Thanks, 

liz

3 REPLIES
CircleD Top Student
Top Student
5 0 1
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That airspace should be Office 2016 initialising. As far as a keylogger if your boyfriend has placed a keylogger he must have told your AV to ignore it but you can go to  https://www.eset.com/us/home/online-scanner/  and it should get rid of it for you. Then go to  your settings and turn off "remote connections"Don't let him have access by himself again or he'll just redo everything.

0 Kudos
ea34mk Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply, but the link you provided went to a page that said it had moved.. can you please help me by sending a link to a different page? Also, it seems like every time my computer goes off, when i turn it back on I have icons missing from my desktop and my back ground had changed. i had literally turned it off for two seconds. i ran a full scan updated definitions and my windows defender is turned on..

0 Kudos
CircleD Top Student
Top Student
5 0 1
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That's odd, When I hit the link it shows the same but if I try any other way with the same exact URL it shows right. Here's another good one at any rate so try it and see if it works. https://www.trendmicro.com/en_us/forHome/products/housecall.html

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation