bratd Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

bluetooth device not found on add a device

Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

please i just noticed that my laptop cant find any bluetooth device on eben with the bluetooth support service on in services,msc.

and in my device manager i have the generic bluetooth adapter, microsoft bluetooth enumerator and microsoft bluetooth le enumerator enabled.

@Paul_Tikkanen

4 REPLIES 4
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
17349 1397 2400
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@bratd

Welcome to the HP Forums :)

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 
For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

As I understand the Bluetooth devices aren't being recognized though you have attempted to update the drivers for the same, 
Don't worry and just follow the steps mentioned below, by the end of it everything should be back to normal,

Good Luck.

Let's start with the Hard Reset: (To release any excessive static causing the issue).

This method works for a variety of Driver connection and ‘stuck’ program issues.

• Shut down the computer
  • Disconnect all external devices - everything.
  • Remove AC power and the battery
  • Press and hold power button for at least 30 seconds
  • Reconnect the AC power (only),
  • Power on > Login
  • Next time you shut down the system, reinstall battery and follow the below steps.

For more steps: Click here

To help you in Understanding and troubleshooting Bluetooth wireless technology: Click here

Let me know how that pans out,
I hope you have a good day ahead,
And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.
Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

bratd Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@

thanks for your reply i must say am not sure if the "hard reset" the hard reset had any effect and i dnt think it is soposed to cause the battery and ac source are not connected.

i must say i have all the drivers in place:Screenshot (2).png

and the services/service that has to do with bluetooth(bluetooth suppourt service) stoped, password cleaned at the log on tab and restarted :Screenshot (3).png

but still this after i try to add a bluetooth device:Screenshot (8).png

0 Kudos
bratd Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Paul_Tikkanen
could you review this with us again?
@bratd wrote:

@ @Riddle_Decipher

thanks for your reply i must say am not sure if the "hard reset" the hard reset had any effect and i dnt think it is soposed to cause the battery and ac source are not connected.

i must say i have all the drivers in place:Screenshot (2).png

and the services/service that has to do with bluetooth(bluetooth suppourt service) stoped, password cleaned at the log on tab and restarted :Screenshot (3).png

but still this after i try to add a bluetooth device:Screenshot (8).png

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
17349 1397 2400
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@bratd

Thanks for reply,
And the images, however, they aren't showing up on my end. :)

As I understand the bluetooth support service is stopped
You could go into the services.msc and start the service, switch the option to Automatic and apply.

Also, if the above doesn't work, please uninstall the blueTooth drivers,

And then, Go to the Drivers and Download page for your HP product to download and install the latest Bluetooth driver.

If you installed third-party Bluetooth hardware on your computer, visit the hardware manufacturer’s website to check for Bluetooth driver updates.

See the Obtaining Software and Drivers support document for more information about keeping your computer's software and drivers up-to-date.

After the update it should work, if issue persists, please contact HP phone support for a hardware service,

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:

http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation