Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (297 Views)

bluetooth mouse doesn't work after restart

Product Name: HP Pavilion dv6-6c53nr
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My logitech bluetooth mouse does not work after sleep or a restart. Everytime I must remove the device and repair it.  Everytime it says it is paired and recognized my mouse and model number but the mouse cursor does not respond and it must be removed and added again.  And it does a wierd thing when adding it it asks for a pair code but i dont not need or have one.

I have tried auto starting the bluetooth service and making sure the power management never turns off the bluetooth.

0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 3 (265 Views)

Re: bluetooth mouse doesn't work after restart

Hi ,

Thanks for becoming a member of the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with Bluetooth mouse not working after computer goes to sleep. I will be glad to help you.

Please follow the steps from the following documents.

Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)

Using Bluetooth Devices (Windows 10, 8)

Also check for Windows 10 drivers for the Logitech Bluetooth mouse.

Please keep me informed of how things went. 

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".
To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! Smiley Happy

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (217 Views)

Re: bluetooth mouse doesn't work after restart

[ Edited ]

None of those suggestions has worked and many of them do not apply.  I update windows 10 and keep it up to date but it has not changed anything. I search for updates to the mouse through device manager and it says I have the best driver. I delete the driver and boot windows to force an update of the driver and it does nothing.  

visiting the HP site there are no downloads or drivers for my PC only the following message

"Windows 10 drivers may be available through Windows Update
Click 'Learn More' below for steps on using Windows Update to determine what drivers might be available for your product. Please be aware that HP does not guarantee Windows 10 drivers will be available from Windows Update."

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation