Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

hi,

i have purchased a new laptop compaq cq42-173tu and i have installed windows 7 ultimate. i am having problem in using bluetooh. whenever i try  to connect it says "BLUETOOTH PERIPHERAL DEVICE DRIVER NOT FOUND" pls help by provinding me with the correct driver for my laptop? thank you

PRESARIO CQ42-173TU, intel core i3-330m 2.13 Ghz processor, windows 7 ultimate (32bit) os
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

OK.BUT DO CHECK WHATS THE PROBLEM WHENEVER YOU GET TIME.OK? I WILL WAIT FOR YOUR POST.

AND THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT, I REALLY APPRETIATE YOUR EFFORTS & RESPONSES TO SOLVE MY PROBLEM. THHANKS ONCE AGAIN.YOU SOLVED MY PROBLEM IN A WEEK.THATS GREAT.THE DRIVER YOU TOLD ME TO DOWNLOAD REALLY HELPED A LOT.OTHERWISW I WAS NOT GETTING THE CORRECT DRIVER FOR MY NOTEBOOK PC.

SO I AM MARKING YOUR ANSWER AS SOLUTION BUT PLS DO POST YOUR COMMENTS WHENEVER YOU GET TO KNOW THE (BLUETOOTH PERIPHERAL DEVICE-NOT FOUND) PROBLEM WITH NOKIA PHONES. FINE?.

AND CAN I ASK YOU FOR ANOTHER HELP? ACTUALLY I NEED A DRIVER OR SOFTWARE TO RUN MY WEBCAM.

MY LAPTOP HAS A HP WEBCAM-101 PRE-INSTALLED. MY LAPTOP SPECIFICATION ARE AS FOLLOWS:

MODEL- COMPAQ PRESARIO CQ42-173TU

AND I HAVE INSTALLED WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 32 BIT.

INTEL CORE I3-330M,2.13 GHz

PRESARIO CQ42-173TU, intel core i3-330m 2.13 Ghz processor, windows 7 ultimate (32bit) os

View solution in original post

43 REPLIES 43
HP Recommended

This is not an issue with Bluetooth Hardware Driver on your unit, but to do with Driver related to Bluetooth Device that you are trying to connect...So check with the Bluetooth device vendor...

In my experiance, that has been an issue with nokia phones...never been able to get the driver the specife service.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
HP Recommended

I NEED THE CORRECT SUPPORTED BLUETOOTH DRIVER FOR MY DEVICE.PLEASE PROVIDE ME WITH THAT.

HP Recommended

As per the specs of your unit...it does not come with bluetooth preconfigured... http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01570601

To get the drivers, you will need to provide some information on bluetooth device used...

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
HP Recommended

hey thanks for your immediate responses. i really appretiate that. ok .what information you want to know? tell me. i let you know!!!!!!

HP Recommended

OK, to start with are you using a external bluetooth dongle/adapter? the reason i ask this question is because system does not come with a built-in one

HP Recommended

OK.SEE I AM USING A COMPAQ PRESARIO CQ42-173TU NOTEBOOK PC.  IT COMES WITH IN-BUILT BLUETOOTH. I AM NOT USING ANY EXTERNAL ADAPTER FOR BLUETOOTH. MY BLUETOOTH IS NOT WORKING PROPERLY. WINDOWS SHOWS BLUETOOTH PERIPHERAL DEVICE DRIVER NOT INSTALLED. AND WINDOWS COULDN'T FIND IT AND I ALSO DIDN'T GET THE DRIVER ON HP'S SITE. HOWEVER,I HAVE GOT HP WIRELESS ASSSISTANT BUT ITS A SOFTWARE.IT ALSO DIDNT HELPED. SO I JUST NEED THE CORRECT BLUETOOTH DRVER FOR WINDOWS 7 32-BIT OS (i.e ALSO SHOULD BE COMPAITABLE WITH MY COMPAQ LAPTOP) 

THANK YOU

HP Recommended

My Apologies...I was looking at wrong product spec....

So if you open up device manager, do you see, an entry related to bluetooth radio, as below plus you are seeing those yellow /!\ bluetooth peripheral device...Correct?

If the bluetooth radio is not there in device manager, here is driver for the bluetooth device... ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp50001-50500/sp50180.exe

bluetooth.png

HP Recommended

I OPENED MY DEVICE MANAGER,AND I DON'T  SEE ANY ENTRY RELATED TO BLUETOOTH RADIO.AND YES I SEE THESE YELLOW / ! \ BUT I SEE THIS WHEN I OPEN (SHOW BLUETOOTH DEVICES) IN THE BLUETOOTH ICON WHICH MEANS MY BLUETOOTH DEVICE NEEDS TROUBLESHOOTING.

AND YES IN MY LAPTOP UNDER THE TOPIC OTHER DEVICES (IN DEVICE MANAGER) ITS SHOWING PCI SIMPLE COMMUNICATION CONTROLLER WITH THIS YELOW / ! \.

OK.

NOW WHAT SHOULD  I DO?

HP Recommended

OK, for PCI simple Communication install this driver - ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp48501-49000/sp48617.exe

On the Bluetooth Radio not present/listed in device manager, you will need to 1st turn the wireles button on and than check, was the wireless button on when we checked in device manager?

After the turning the wireless button on, if you are not getting bluetooth radio, I would suggest download bluetooth driver from here and check... ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp50001-50500/sp50180.exe

One other thing, Do you see something like this when you open "Show Bluetooth devices"? I am refering to X6 with /!\

892i82EAC06D4FEF8A3B

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.