Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
csrsab Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

can i connect my laptop and samsung smart tv via in-home wifi?

pavilion dv7-6c95dx
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Need assistance

1 REPLY
Retired
Retired
14461 711 1898
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

can i connect my laptop and samsung smart tv via in-home wifi?

Hi @csrsab,

Welcome to the HP Forum! I am pleased that you have become a HP Forum member. It is such a wonderful site to find answers and tips. Here is a link to guide you to having the most rewarding experience and answer any concerns about posting: First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More

I understand that you are having an issue connecting your TV to your home network. The notebook does not support connecting it to the notebook via wireless however, you should be able to join the TV to your network and then use the Play To feature to send content to the TV. What is the precise model of Samsung Smart TV?  Here are two links that I think may help:

wireless connection from laptop to tv using windows (from answers.microsoft.com) 

Connecting to a Wireless Network - 2015 Samsung Smart LED TV (J5500) (from support.us.samsung.com)  This may not be the correct model but should give you a general idea.  

You can try these steps.(assuming you do not need a wireless adapter)

• Press the MENU button, and then select Setup
  • Select Network
  • If the network type is set to "wired" change the setting to wireless
  • select network setup and it will scan for available networks
  • Choose your network and follow the prompts.

Samsung should be able to assist you with this process if you are still having an issue.

Samsung Group / Customer service

1-800-726-7864

Samsung Contact Us

Please let me know the results.

Please click the Thumbs Up” below to thank me for my efforts! If one of my posts help you to resolve the issue you are experiencing, please click the "Accept as Solution" so that others who may be having the same difficulty can find the answer more efficiently. Thanks for taking part in the HP Forums!

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation