04-04-2013 12:28 PM
i just reinstalled windows 7 64bit on my HP G62-B97ED.
im connected to the internet by using a cable.
i try to install the network driver the use wireless internet.
when i run the setup it makes a folder in c:/SWsetup but when then the installation windows doenst come up.
it closes itself.
i have no clue what to do. could someone help me out?
04-04-2013 12:33 PM
Please go to the device manager and there should be a Network Controller with a little yellow ! mark next to it, listed under Other Devices.
Click on that Network Controller and post the hardware ID for it.
If you are unfamiliar with where to locate the hardware ID, please follow the instructions below...
The hardware id for a device in Windows can be found in the Windows Device Manager. To check the hardware id for a device, follow these steps:
- Open the Device Manager from the Control Panel. You can also type “devmgmt.msc” at the Run option in the Start menu.
- In the Device Manager, right-click the device, and select Properties in the popup menu.
- Next, select the Details tab.
- Now select the Hardware Ids in the dropdown list.
04-04-2013 12:43 PM
That is exactly what I mean, and now you will know why I asked you to do this for me...
Your notebook has a Broadcom wireless card, which is why the Ralink driver does nothing.
Below is the link to the driver you need for the wireless card in your notebook.
04-04-2013 01:01 PM - edited 04-04-2013 01:11 PM
oke it got installed. i restarted my computer.
but i cant see any wireless internet connectings.
04-04-2013 01:12 PM - edited 04-04-2013 01:15 PM
I don't know what to tell you.
The device manager shows the driver is installed properly, and the card is properly identified.
I did notice that you need to install the video driver though.
This is the one you need.
Did you click on that step shaped icon with the little orange spot on it on the bottom right of your taskbar?
That is what you click on to find wireless networks to connect to.
Looking at your picture, it shows that you are connected to "Network" and that you have internet access.
04-04-2013 02:27 PM
the problem is the broadcom wireless isnt working.
its disabled and i cant enable it.
thanks for the graphics tho
(hope that you understand me)
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- HP PCs - Using Bluetooth Devices (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Slow Internet Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8)