Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
wt235ea # abz
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I should replace the wifi module inside the laptop,  probook 4720s, wt235ea # abz

is it possible to install a model different from the spare part?

if so, would the wireless on / off button work?

Thank you in advance

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

There is a list of cards that were available at the time in the Maintenance manual starting from p. 25

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02046514

None of them have Windows 10 drivers, but signed drivers for Windows 8.1 should probably work.

I don't have any experience with the Probook in question but  maybe Paul could come up with an expert recommendation.

The Intel N6200 and the  Atheros 9285G would be my horses for the race and I would order both, just in case.

If you are talking about some of the more modern cards, I have no clue about compatibility.

People are using their precious remaining lifetime to try and help, so it is common courtesy to come back and tell what the solution eventually was even if you found it elsewhere. It is for the benefit of everyone.
HP Recommended

someone has some feedback with the probook 4720s with windows 10 64bit; and one of these working wifi cards?

Intel Centrino Advanced-N6200
572509-001

Intel Centrino Wireless-N1000 802.11 b / g 1x2
585984-001

Broadcom 4312G
504593-004

Intel Wi-Fi Link 1000
572520-001

Atheros 9285G
605560-005

Realtek RTL8191SE
593533-001

Thanks in advance

HP Recommended

Friends, could someone please advise on my old 4720 x838x, WIFI chip (Broadcom 4312G mini pci express),

which new chip could I buy for it to:

-work under windows 7 64 bit
-support 5 ghz

-Bluetooth and wifi module two in 1, as in the old one

thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.