Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP elite book 8440
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

The display on the LG TV flashes at an irregular rate from about 1/2 second to 2 seconds. Laptop works when connected to a monitor with same DP to HDMI cable to HDMI input connector on Monitor. TV works when connected to Dell desktop computer with HDMI to HDMI cable.  Tv is 4K LG 43UN7300 AUD. Software on TV updated. LG smart share software down loaded and installed on HP laptop- no change.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@rodred 

8440p is an old machine, its DP port could be older generation (HP does not show its version, only DisplayPort digital display interface) therefore connection to a 4K TV with 200 or 200Hz may be limited to 4K 30Hz or even less.

It should work normally on TV's with resolution 1920 x 1080 or FHD

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

thank your for insight. I am trying to understand better. My entry level 4K LG TV is 120 Trumotion and 60 Hz refresh rate. I believe the DP port is version 1.4   Perhaps my cable is the weakest link only good for " DisplayPort to HDMI cable connects computer to 1080p HDTV for audio and video streaming or to a monitor or projector; plug and play;"  

Could the driver for the DP port be upgraded?  Does a higher version of DP include a haardware chage in the computer or can you just get a new version of software to move to the latest.

If it were only lower resolution, I could work with that, but it not usable with the flashing on and off every 1/2 to 2 seconds. I do not want to buy a new computer while this one works - just not with the TV. Thanks for your input.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.